Diy Grooming

google doggy doos, and box hill tafe also does a short course that i help teach but we are booked out till the second half of the year and it is a six week course - one day a week and its a saturday but sounds like what you would like?? doggy doos does a similar course and are also really good :laugh:

Thanks for that-I'll look into it.

Hi,

Try Australian Dog Centre

I have done a lot of research on grooming schools and this place seems really good.

i am starting a six week course soon

www.australiandogcentre.com.au

They are in Moonee Ponds

If you just want to tidy her face and feet, ask your groomer to show you how to do it. This way you will trim the face the same way as the groomer and they won't have to fix the face each time they do a full groom, as you have followed someone elses way of doing things.

If you just want to tidy her face and feet, ask your groomer to show you how to do it. This way you will trim the face the same way as the groomer and they won't have to fix the face each time they do a full groom, as you have followed someone elses way of doing things.

I agree becks. Sue, I decided to clip Saxon myself (he's a poodle x maltese) because I have him in a pretty straightforward, even-all-over clip. I just watched what the groomer did when I took him the first time then had a go myself - sorry groomers! ;)

I've only had one attempt so far and it definitely wasn't perfect - had some uneven bits - and it was a slow process as I had to stop pretty often to bribe Saxon with treats, but with practice we'll get better. I think I'll probably do the all over clip every 3 months or so. I keep his face and feet trimmed but still fluffy, so I use scissors instead of the clippers for them, and I do his face and feet pretty regularly.

Here he is after my first attempt (poor quality photo, sorry):

post-31865-1270528272_thumb.jpg

And in his more usual state:

post-31865-1270528842_thumb.jpg

What is your puppy crossed with?