Act Anzac Weekend Cluster

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone else would like to have a look at Indi's bits just let me know and we'll arrange a viewing ;)

:eek::)

If you make it on the weekend come and say hello - look for the red & white borzoi and I'll be on the other end of his lead! :rofl:

Okay guys.. I don't think I can/should come.. I'm pretty sure Indira's coming into season ;)

Many people show their girls while in season ILDD. If she is just starting her season , she wont be ready for mating or too distracting to boys for some time yet - after the shows have finished :eek:. I dont know the exact timeline, but there is around a week of bleeding and then a few more days before they ovulate and are ready for mating.

I dont know the exact timeline, but there is around a week of bleeding and then a few more days before they ovulate and are ready for mating.

The timeline can vary soooo much :nahnah: . I had one bitch mate day 3,4,5 and she was finished and out of season in a week. Another mated day 22,23,24 and was still standing a week after that.

I wouldn't worry unless she was actually peaking (and if she has just started that is very unlikely). Saying that I had a bitch at a show last Saturday and Sunday and she was peaking (we mated her while we were away) but it was our National we only have once every 2 years so I did take her, just kept her crated unless in the ring.

I dont know the exact timeline, but there is around a week of bleeding and then a few more days before they ovulate and are ready for mating.

The timeline can vary soooo much ;) . I had one bitch mate day 3,4,5 and she was finished and out of season in a week. Another mated day 22,23,24 and was still standing a week after that.

I wouldn't worry unless she was actually peaking (and if she has just started that is very unlikely). Saying that I had a bitch at a show last Saturday and Sunday and she was peaking (we mated her while we were away) but it was our National we only have once every 2 years so I did take her, just kept her crated unless in the ring.

You mean it doesn't all happen like in the text books? :o

Okay.. my show stuff seems to be MIA since I moved house (again).. anyone have an arm band I can borrow if I go in the ring on Sunday/Monday? I'm pretty sure I know where one of Indira's show leads is.. *sigh* I hate moving for so many many reasons.

Oh and peaking? How do I know if she's peaking? lol

Edited by I love dribbly dogs

BIS: Aussie Shepherd

RUBIS: Pointer

Aust Bred in Show: Siberian Husky (also BIG)

BIG Toys: Pug

RUBIG: Pug

Terrier BIG: Scottie

Gundogs: As for RUBIS

Hounds: Beagle

Working: As for BIS

Utility: Siberian

Non Sport: Lhasa

RU Non Sport: Dally

Hounds:

BIG - Beagle, dog - Open

RUBIG - Borzoi, dog - YAY!!! :( That's my boy!! Sorry, had to sneak in a little brag :happydance: - Aust bred

Baby - Mini Long hair Dachie (I think - it's a little blurry with all the excitement...)

Minor - Ummm... sorry guys, I still wasn't paying enough attention at this stage... I'm sure I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and remember!

Puppy - Elkhound, dog :) Go Elkie1 and the Handsome Mr Bond.

Junior - Whippet, dog, went on to Junior in Show :laugh:

Intermediate - Deerhound, bitch

I think the one result that has been seriously overlooked is my Humphrey, despite overwhelming competition, got BOB IW. It just goes to prove that people lose sight of the Big Picture. Yes, I know Alyosha, that RUBIG is probably nice to win but I got out of the ring without falling over with dog that had legs pointing to every direction on the compass.

Seriously some beautiful hounds there yesterday and some well deserved wins. Good company, nice weather - who could ask for more?

I think the one result that has been seriously overlooked is my Humphrey, despite overwhelming competition, got BOB IW. It just goes to prove that people lose sight of the Big Picture. Yes, I know Alyosha, that RUBIG is probably nice to win but I got out of the ring without falling over with dog that had legs pointing to every direction on the compass.

Seriously some beautiful hounds there yesterday and some well deserved wins. Good company, nice weather - who could ask for more?

I couldn't have put it better myself!! Well done Humphrey!! :laugh:

Results from Saturday (please feel free to correct me if I've got something wrong!):

Best in Groups:

Toy - Yorkie

Terrier - Bull Terrier

Gundog - Gordon Setter

Hound - Deerhound

Working - Aust Shep

Utility - Akita

N/Sporting - Std Poode

BIS - Aust Shep (same as Friday)

RUBIS - Deerhound

Baby in Show: Cocker Spaniel

Minor: Skye Terrier

Puppy - Akita

Junior - Afghan

Inter - BIS Aust Shep

Aust Bred I missed - sorry!!!

Open - RUBIS Deerhound

Hound Group: BIG - Deerhound dog, Open

RUBIG - Beagle, Aust Bred (I think!)

Baby - Saluki

Minor - Rhodesian Ridgeback

Puppy - Borzoi (YAY! Me bragging again :laugh:)

Junior - Afghan

Intermediate - Dachie, Mini Long Hair

Hounds:

BIG - Beagle, dog - Open

RUBIG - Borzoi, dog - YAY!!! :) That's my boy!! Sorry, had to sneak in a little brag :) - Aust bred

Baby - Mini Long hair Dachie (I think - it's a little blurry with all the excitement...)

Minor - Ummm... sorry guys, I still wasn't paying enough attention at this stage... I'm sure I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and remember!

Puppy - Elkhound, dog :mad Go Elkie1 and the Handsome Mr Bond.

Junior - Whippet, dog, went on to Junior in Show :confused:

Intermediate - Deerhound, bitch

Thank you Alyosha and well done to your Boris, he looked lovley out there :) :D

Minor was Dacci also :)

Hound Club of the ACT Inc Results. Judge: Terry Collicut (Tasmania)

BIS: Deerhound - Ch Anduril Ravenscraig (Buckley)

RUBIS: Beagle - Gr Ch Brialey Itn A Bit (Childs)

Baby: Whippet - Zatini Two Timin Lover (Stephens)

Minor: Whippet - Isilwane Makin Goodgirlz Gobad (Barrenger)

Puppy: Basenji - Tamsala Wickedy Witch (Budd)

Junior: Afghan - Karakush U Turn (Gibson)

Intermediate: as for BIS

Australian Bred: Mini Long - Gr Ch Briala Amazing Grace (Stevens)

Open: as for RUBIS

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the helpers, especially Barinya who lugged the gazebo and table back to the car for me and PF for staffing the tent!

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the helpers, especially Barinya who lugged the gazebo and table back to the car for me and PF for staffing the tent!

No-one carries the thing from place to place like me.