Recommendation On Dogminding Or Boarding Kennel In S/e Qld

Brindlebull

Hi all,

I'm hoping somebody could help me with recommendations on dogminding service or boarding kennel for my Rambo as I have never used one before.

Please help as I'm fretting over the thought of leaving him for 4 days.

Thankyou, Brindlebull

Samford Pet Resort. Run by a family devoted to dogs & cats....now the manager is the 2nd generation.

It was the only place we'd ever take our shelties to.

They even have one section where the dog accommodation is set up to look like a room at home....so dogs used to being in a house don't feel they're in the clink.

They also have a Pick Up service arranged with scores of vet clinics, if owners want to use it.

http://www.samfordkennels.com.au/

Mita, would Samford be suitable for a Tibbie? So far, Miki haven't had to go to boarding kennels but he may need to at the end of the year for a couple of weeks. I know Tibbies generally aren't dogs who feel comfortable in kennels so am wondering if Samford would be ok for him. Thanks.

Hi all just wondering if anybody has had any experiences with a Company called Top Dog Minders and Don't Fret Pet. Found their sites on internet, I know that they have their own comments from users of their services, but I'm hoping somebody has heard about or used them to give me some feedback. I would really appreciate your help so I make my decision on where to leave my Rambo.

Thanks all,

Brindlebull

Edited by Brindlebull

Mita, would Samford be suitable for a Tibbie? So far, Miki haven't had to go to boarding kennels but he may need to at the end of the year for a couple of weeks. I know Tibbies generally aren't dogs who feel comfortable in kennels so am wondering if Samford would be ok for him. Thanks.

I was talking to the manager of the Samford Pet Resort only last week at a doggie event where I had our 2 Tibbies with me. He made a bee-line for the Tibbies & was on the ground talking to them....and he said they have quite a few Tibetan Spaniels that regularly come to stay. And how they're the most affectionate of breeds. Not surprisingly my 2 Tibbies loved him back!

Samford Pet Resort is definitely the only commercial kennels I'd let my Tibbies go to. And I'd use the section where the accommodation is set up to look like a room at home.

We used to take our shelties there, years back....when the present manager's mum & dad were in charge. And those blooming shelties used to walk away with the 'dad', tails wagging & not even looking back at their family!!!!!

These days we have a system of mutual care with our neighbours, who also own a Tibbie. But if that ever weren't possible, our girls would be off to Samford!

Thanks, Mita, for your reply. That's really reassuring. I will use Samford Pet Resort if my parents can't take Miki at the end of the year. Glad they love Tibbies. Hard not to!!