Can Tuna Be Fed To My Dog?

giraffez

I know that occasionally feeding sardines is good, I was wondering how about tuna? Does it have the same effect. I don't eat tuna myself so i don't know whether there is too much flavour and salt in it. If tuna is also good for the dog, could you recommend which type - the ones in oil or spring water?

thanks

Sardines are good cause the tinned version has the skin and bones still in it - so lots of calcium and other minerals ... tuna would be fine but you do need to keep an eye on the deep sea fish as they can have higher mineral levels than coastal fish (usually also cause they live longer and are larger in size) .... we feed all kinds of fish to the boys at least once a week so tuna gets its turn in the rotation but usually in fresh form rather than tinned (we really only feed sardines tinned)....

If you're feeding tinned fish I'd go with the spring water as the oil they use doesn't tend to be a really good quality oil in the cheaper tins ....

My pugs love tuna-well fish of any kind actually.

I make fish patties for them and pop them in the freezer, you can quickly defrost them in the microwave. As long as you don't put onions in they're a great meal when you get home late and are in a rush. And because the tuna or salmon is mixed through the entire patty they eat the lot and love it, it's a great way of getting plenty of other veggies into them at the same time.

I think fish is great for everyone on the family including our dogs, the benefits are fantastic.