Litters Due June 2010

We took Bree out of the pen at night as of Friday, don't blame her with all the pooh :laugh: She's not too keen on feeding them but did this morning. We have them on 3 hourly feeds. They are happy eating puppy food soaked in boiling water with premium mince and today had a little chicken as well which disappeared p.d.q. Roast chicken on the menu for us tomorrow and they can have leftovers.

1/2 hour in the garden today as nice and sunny, best photo of a bad lot :D

We have a combustion fire which we "stoke" up just before we go to bed which keeps the living room warm at night.

post-8234-1279440430_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hesapandabear

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hesa - Kitty hasn't been sleeping with the babies for the last couple of nights and has just about stopped feeding them as well. They are all getting so cheeky - she jumped in to check if any food was left (fat chance) and they all chased her back out of the pen :confused:

TS, we are keeping the bis and possibly running on the other two. Their other grandma will be here 03 - 08 Aug for the Ekka and we will decide then, by which time they will be 8 weeks old.

What a stupid thing I did this morning, popped down a water bowl and within less than 5 minutes the newspaper was saturated. :p

Edited by Hesapandabear

I have to work out why my guys are doing so much poo's in the early hours of the morning.. Am i feeding them to late in the day? or is it just something that happends lol

Again i wa sup at 330am cleaning more up...

Sounds like you are all having fun.

Mine are 3 weeks 2 days old and all they seem to do is sleep, drink from mum couple times of the day/night,

and try to play for couple of mins then sleep again.

Tried them on some powdered milk but wasn't interested.

Mum is still cleaning them.

When I show them to half brother Ziggy he runs for the hills :rofl: :D

BB

TS, what time is their last feed at night?. Ours is around 6.00pm and there was a fair amount of poop this morning, but then we are increasing the amount we give per meal daily.

BB, we started ours on a little farex original mixed with puppy milk at 3 weeks, but they weren't that interested, probably had about 1/2 teasp. at the most.x3 times daily.

Well there on 3 to 4 meals aday.. they have there first meal around 7ish then again about 11ish but im finding the 11ish meal they arnt really eating.. then again at 3ish then i just give em some kibble at nite..

So the 11ish meal they dont eat they get again this arvo...

Mine are now mainly off Kitty (maybe two or three sucks at night) so they had breakfast at 5.30am this morning and I will feed as soon as I get home from work and then again at 10.30pm nightly. Wish (a) that I didn't have to work :rofl: or (b) worked closer to home & could visit at lunchtime. Just hope they are all in the puppy pen when I get home :D

One of my bosses today told me that they had a new "grandson". Seems his son has bought a staffy baby - Oh bet it's cute, says I. His reply - Oh it is real cute, only little but I suppose that is cause its only 4 WEEKS OLD :cheer: I just couldn't believe my ears. Seems the "so called breeder" was selling them off cause mum didn't want anything to do with them, wasn't microchipped cause well when they have microchipped before, the buyers haven't changed their details so better for the buyers to get the dogs chipped. I tried to explain that registered breeders do not sell puppies before 8 weeks & that is against the law to sell a puppy without it being microchipped. Yeah but the pup was only $100 so ...... Just decided to shut my mouth & not say anything more but did advise to make sure that puppy was not taken anywhere until two weeks after its first vaccination & if they were not sure of anything to just ask me.

I just keep thinking of my babies who are five weeks how they would be sent away from their mum at this age - sure she doesn't want them to suck but she is making sure they know some doggy manners, plus she still makes sure they are clean etc.

Well there on 3 to 4 meals aday.. they have there first meal around 7ish then again about 11ish but im finding the 11ish meal they arnt really eating.. then again at 3ish then i just give em some kibble at nite..

So the 11ish meal they dont eat they get again this arvo...

3 meals a day, have kibble available all day and fresh water. Meals consist of mince, roast chicken, small raw bones, puppy milk, pal puppy & cheese.

Bed time is around 8pm, mum will come in and let them feed, all are asleep and they don't wake till 7am. No poos till i let them out for a play, then we are on cleanup duty. After playtime and I've cleaned the pen they go back in for morning sleep.

No more mum as of this week, pups are 7 weeks old so we'll see if that routine still works!

Well i have the raw end of the stick with poo dont i lol

Iv just have the pups outside for a run they r alseep now..

They do get raw meat, advance wet and dry food.. I went to give them there meal b4 they went outside but they just didnt wanna eat it..

I should also say they r drinking water..

Edited by TeamSnag

Mu guys are 5 weeks tomorrow. They went outside for the entire day today because I had to go back to work. So like Shelby they get breakfast and then they have to wait until I can get here to feed them again. Today I was lucky and left here at 8:15 and was back by 1. I had left mum with them in the large puppy pen and she was able to get away from them if she chose too. When I arrived home at 1 she was in teh big kennel with them.

I fed them and then went back to work but left mum out with the big dogs until I got home at 4:15. I fed them again and bought them back inside for the night.

They are not terribly big eaters for labradors, as a matter of fact I am a little concerned at the tiny amount they are eating. They seem starving when you put the bowl down adn they tuck in with gusto. But they only eat a small amount and walk away.

They have soacked biscuit, mince and milk. For breakfast over the last 3 days we have tried porridge with thier biscuits and milk. And today I bough home a BBQ chook and chopped the breast up for them.

I've never had a litter of Labs that are such small eaters before. Its certainly a novelty - albeit it a worrying one.

But they are healthy and happy and running around savagely attacking :laugh: each other's tails, ears, well anything :laugh:

Yes mine arnt eating big meals they r having 3 but very lil is being eating.. i spose they would tell us if they were hungry?

Iv still got dry food down atm n they have been munching on that all day as well as raw meat...

:laugh::o:thumbsup: , Shelby. Makes me so cross.

A rude awakening at 3.20am, eventually got up at 3.40am, threw newspaper down on top of the poop, gave them a small feed, and the blighters started up again at 5.00am :laugh: This morning they have had puppy biscuits and leftover chicken which disappeared p.d.q. Will see how they go on cooked chicken rather than premium mince.

:laugh:

I ended up getting up about 20mins b4 i did see all the poo last time n i ended up cleaning it up as i sat there with my eyes hanging out.. and then i had none again till i just fed em now n i hung again again lol.. oh its great to be on poo watch LOL

:laugh:

I ended up getting up about 20mins b4 i did see all the poo last time n i ended up cleaning it up as i sat there with my eyes hanging out.. and then i had none again till i just fed em now n i hung again again lol.. oh its great to be on poo watch LOL

Oh you poor buggers, i do feel for you. :thumbsup: Even with my toddler waking up at 4am throwing a "i'm not going back to sleep tantrum" the pups slepted through and we just deal with wet puppy pen floor in the morning. But although i've just cleaned the pen you will find it shreaded and torn training pads, little floppy ear monsters! :laugh::o

I will say though mine don't eat alot, they drink heaps but there is always leftovers in the food bowls after meals. We have a 1/2kilo difference in weight, boy weighs in at 1650grms, blk/tan has just tipped 1100grms.

Has everyone got homes for the ones who are leaving soon?

I hate cleaning pen days.. i put them in other pen to clean the floor change paper daily and omg they are crying the house down!!!!

Nail clipping day today too.. they go for there first set of needles thursday :laugh:

I have one boy who hasnt got ahome as of yet.. only time will tell :laugh: