Litters Due June 2010

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Merc!!

What one is your kepper...

Iv set up a pen under cover for the pups to go into a few hours a day in.. outa the sun and away from the hawks lol

When they are inside iv got them in the show trolley with vet bed, they seem to love it out here with us.. the bigger dogs play and they love watching...

I ignored them this morning at 4am and ignored them with there crying.. seemed to work.. till around 6ish they started to yodel lol!!! So i got up n fed em outside in the pup pen and had a run n play with mum.. now there in the trolley..

I'll be in tears in 30 minutes time. Our first pup is heading for her pet home today. ;) :)

The family called to say they are on there way. Crappy day, cold wet and windy. Pups have been inside all day, adults are outside freerange but are housing on the sofa in the garage with coats on.

I'll be in tears in 30 minutes time. Our first pup is heading for her pet home today. :o :D

The family called to say they are on there way. Crappy day, cold wet and windy. Pups have been inside all day, adults are outside freerange but are housing on the sofa in the garage with coats on.

:thumbsup: but its also a happy day for your baby to be going to a new loving forever home

Nice Merc!!

What one is your kepper...

Iv set up a pen under cover for the pups to go into a few hours a day in.. outa the sun and away from the hawks lol

When they are inside iv got them in the show trolley with vet bed, they seem to love it out here with us.. the bigger dogs play and they love watching...

I ignored them this morning at 4am and ignored them with there crying.. seemed to work.. till around 6ish they started to yodel lol!!! So i got up n fed em outside in the pup pen and had a run n play with mum.. now there in the trolley..

Thanks TS, we are hoping to keep one but not sure yet. Trying to stay neutral until owner of sire sees them and then we will decide together - nice to have a second and probably better opinion than mine

:o but its also a happy day for your baby to be going to a new loving forever home

What a great family, you couldn't ask for better. Took 2hrs of chatting and get to know you time and I'm really happy to put faces with people who wev'e interacted with over the past months.

I'm sad to see her go but I know that she will be so well cared for. She ended up falling asleep in the arms of her new owners and the instant bond was magical. I have shead a few tears, along with my 4yr old daughter but we have 3 other pups and 2 adults here to keep us occupied.

:thumbsup: but its also a happy day for your baby to be going to a new loving forever home

What a great family, you couldn't ask for better. Took 2hrs of chatting and get to know you time and I'm really happy to put faces with people who wev'e interacted with over the past months.

I'm sad to see her go but I know that she will be so well cared for. She ended up falling asleep in the arms of her new owners and the instant bond was magical. I have shead a few tears, along with my 4yr old daughter but we have 3 other pups and 2 adults here to keep us occupied.

Chin up - maybe they will keep in touch

Just thought we might do an update on what we are all feeding and how often.

We are feeding breaky at around 7:00 with soaked biscuits (Bonnie puppy), some chicken or beef mince ( only a little, grated cheese and milk and sometimes an egg with it. Lunch is some but less biscuit, mince - chicken or beef - yoghurt and steamed rice and milk. Dinner is biscuit, mince or cold roast chicken, ricotta cheese. If they are hungry they get a little supper of milk and biscuit as we are going to bed at midnight.

Tonight I gave them all a little piece of lamb flap to chew on. Sat and watched carefully, when the meat was all striped off I removed the bare bones.

We are currently using about 2 lt of milk a day, 1.5 kg mince plus other meat sometimes. About 3 or 4 cups of biscuits before they are soaked and then 500 gm grated cheese a week, plus ricotta cheese.

Edited by mercedes

Just quickly as have to get up at sparrows tomorrow :) off to the Ekka.

Brody, our sable dog goes on Saturday at 8 weeks :rofl: , and Diva, the sable bitch is hopefully going to a friend who lives not too far from us. :rofl:

Granny Liz is here from Sydney and is VERY VERY VERY pleased with the bis. :laugh::mad

Will post updated photos soon.

I have had to rush one of the pups to the vets as he was in real bad shape this morning bleeding from the bowel and drooling this morning when i woke. Tucked away in the corner of the pen shivering, not a sound coming from him although there was smelly poo in the pen. Orginally thought it was a blockage but we soon ruled that out. No temp nor vommitting, stomach was fine and internal examination showed no blockage.

The only conclusion the vet and i have come up with is that gave my pups and dogs some fresh (human) mince last night direct from coles supermarket and it may have upset the pups and adult dogs. My bitch, the pups mum is also showing signs of distress.

We have had to isolate the pups and dogs, giving them only chicken and rice plus fresh water. Antiobotics have been given to the sick pup and he is in a room by himself with a heated bed. Mum is in the garage on the sofa with a heater going, two pups are in the kitchen while dad is outside in the pen so that i'm able to monitor them all. Running out non carpet rooms! Black tan pups movements have gone runnyish but she still is happy playful and the other is the same. Called Chanels new owners to assure they remain on guard too, just in case.

All are now looking better, however we were informed that they have a case of Parvo in at the clinic at present which they have quarantine which is even more reason to be on guard. Although vaccinated, they are still in high risk. We did re-worm all pups and dogs today as per the vets instructions just to be double sure that we are covering all aspects. Hopefully things settle down and its just a case of a stomach upset.

Oh Cavalblaze, how worrying for you. I do hope it is just the mince and that all clears up really quickly. Poor baby, they can go down so quickly. Big hugs to your baby and its mother.

Things appear to be improving. Good positive signs are that he is eating and drinking now, wanting to play and the drooling and shaking have eased.

He is a good patient, his mum is also eating and drinking too.