Litters Due June 2010

Teamsnag, sorry to hear that the girls haven't worked out as you planned.

We are keeping an eye on our girl to see what faults she may have for the ring all we can do

is send mother nature good thoughts.

A question for you all:

Ours are almost 8 weeks old and fed:

Puppy milk at night, toast for breaky, dry food for lunch and raw finely minced chicken for dinner. Water during the day.

Question is: How can we get their stools firm? They have always been quite soft to clean up.

Thanks

BB

Stop the puppy milk. We found the puppy milk was making the stools rather soft. 8 weeks the vet and friends told me that they don't need to be supplimenting milk. The kibble and raw fresh foods should be ideal diet for your youngters. I know they like their milk but once we cut it out they all were fine and they all adapted to the water.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my guys get raw meat (veal,lamb,beef) with there royal canin dry food.. By 8 weeks they should be drinking water

I do give them roast chicken too lol

Could try them on a lil yogurt..

Thanx BB iv been quite upset.. It isnt a fault but something eles, shes a nice dog all round..

Posted this earlier today in the Lab thread during my lunch break - you can tell I was angry by the amount of spelling and typo errors

"God save me from idiots.

Just had a puppy enquiry from a bloke that wants a choc bitch 'sorry, dont breed chocs' well a gold one, yes have aYELLOW bitch and two black dogs available. Wont ahve a black dog, had one once and it killed a sheep. "Dont htink it was the colour that was responsible sir " dont care, black dogs kill sheep. SO now I'm ready to hang up because I'm not selling my babies to this bloke.

And if I have a choc boy and use another colour girl can I get all three colours. "its a little more complicated than that sir if you were thinking of breeding any my yellow girl is only on limited register which means you couldnt register pups from her litter.

Then tells me the daughter works at a vets and she can get a 'white lab'. "They may be pale coloured sir but the colour is recognised as yellow No he says, these are silver white. "Not purebreds sir, I can assure you, probably crossed with a weimiraner" but the 'breeder' told my daughter that its a purebred "contact DOgsNSW sir, gave him number, obtain copy of official Australian standard sir, I can assure there isno colour 'white' for a lab.

Oh so you think this is what people call a byb, "yes sir that is a good chnce" oh but of course it would be cheaper and a novel colour. And I wnat a lab to run with my STCD as a guard dog.

SIR, THAT IS WHY YOUR LABRADOR KILLS SHEEP - i AM SORRY BUT I WILL NOT SELL YOU A PUPPY!! GODD DAY. "

Teamsnag, sorry to hear that the girls haven't worked out as you planned.

We are keeping an eye on our girl to see what faults she may have for the ring all we can do

is send mother nature good thoughts.

A question for you all:

Ours are almost 8 weeks old and fed:

Puppy milk at night, toast for breaky, dry food for lunch and raw finely minced chicken for dinner. Water during the day.

Question is: How can we get their stools firm? They have always been quite soft to clean up.

Thanks

BB

Stop the puppy milk. We found the puppy milk was making the stools rather soft. 8 weeks the vet and friends told me that they don't need to be supplimenting milk. The kibble and raw fresh foods should be ideal diet for your youngters. I know they like their milk but once we cut it out they all were fine and they all adapted to the water.

Copied this from our puppy information package and this is a typical day's meals for our Labs:

Breakfast: approx 1/2 cup of biscuits soaked in puppy milk and small amount of

raw diced meat - at 8 weeks slowly replace the milk with warm water (Never feed him/her dry biscuits until he/she is at least 6 months old, always moisten with milk or water)

Lunch: Chopped meat of either beef, lamb or chicken with biscuits and yoghurt

moistened with a small amount of puppy milk/water

Dinner: Chopped meat of either beef, lamb or chicken with soaked biscuits and

moistened with puppy milk. You could replace this with some chicken necks

however you must supervise him/her while he/she is eating his/her meals especially if it includes bones

If you mix steamed rice and yoghurt you can use that for one meal a day instead of biscuits and that will help firm up stools.

We also include in the weekly rotation ricotta cheese, grated cheese, sardines, carrot, egg

You could include a lamb bone at either lunch or dinner but never leave your puppy alone with a bone.

Edited by mercedes

That was so funny. I am sorry,...but that tops the cake!

:):cry::rofl: :D

Team Snag, big hugs from us regarding your girl. But remember 2 boys are delightful, just like the parents!

I have all my fingers and toes cross for my blenheim co-owned bitch which is due to come into season any day now and awaiting a return stud service. tapping my foot....No phantom pregnancy this time or I'll be getting her desex.

Anyone know what i could use on the girls nose.. looks like she's got ruff and one of the boys niped her nose.. They went to the vet on wends but the vet said theres nothing really we can do about it.. i started a bedadine today.. It seems to scab but soon as she starts to play with the boys she knocks it again..

Its a shame we are all in different states, we could all have a play day.

My guys are doing well, although they don't being locked outside for more than approx 20 mins. (With mum to supervise.)

I don't give in to their whines I wait till they are quiet then open the door.

BB