Litters Due June 2010

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww haven't they grown - they look so squishable :)

Fat would be the words i use! :D :)

Nah they are delightful little puppies that are all just starting to adapt their own personalities. Play fighting has begun and all have found their feet and voices. Responding to our consent handing, my 4yr old just loves having cuddles with them.

Edited by Cavalblaze

Very cute Cavalblaze..

How do u find them walking on newspaper? I tried to cut the box in half with vet bed on one side and newspaper on the other so they go toilet on the paper.. didnt go to well cos they were slip sliding :D

Edited by TeamSnag

Very cute Cavalblaze..

How do u find them walking on newspaper? I tried to cut the box in half with vet bed on one side and newspaper on the other so they go toilet on the paper.. didnt go to well cos they were slip sliding :D

Initially we had all vet bed. Then we tried half vet bed and half paper. At 3 weeks I found it too slippery but seem to be more stable now and are able to find there way around. Slip occasionally but they seem to managing well now. Messy little buggers though, replace newspaper after every feed and wash vet bed every second day.

Used to use newspaper but found they were sliding too much so for inside the box - at about 4 weeks I use half vet bed and half old sheeting or blankets.

then outside the box I bought some cheap carpets squares and just hit them with the pressure washer. If they last 3 or 4 litters you've got your money out of them

My babies are two weeks today - no eyes open yet and they are not very active - I have just posted in Steve's thread about our last litter - I said they arent moving much becuase they are too cosy adn too well fed. :o they may have started out small but they are big fat slugs now :o

Used to use newspaper but found they were sliding too much so for inside the box - at about 4 weeks I use half vet bed and half old sheeting or blankets.

then outside the box I bought some cheap carpets squares and just hit them with the pressure washer. If they last 3 or 4 litters you've got your money out of them

My babies are two weeks today - no eyes open yet and they are not very active - I have just posted in Steve's thread about our last litter - I said they arent moving much becuase they are too cosy adn too well fed. :o they may have started out small but they are big fat slugs now :eek:

:o

Some photos..

bbe637c5.jpg

04b90062.jpg

2e0e75cc.jpg

Yeah they are well fed :party:

Having one meal aday and dakota is still very much feeding.. There about 600grams

Arr maybe they are a bit smaller then.

Weights of mine are mostly over the kilo mark., except blk tan but she is getting there slowly. I did say they are fatty little pups. Feeding solids 3 times a day and loving it! Plus mum who is a walking milk truck.

Edited by Cavalblaze

What a 24 hours ........

Poppy started contractions at a typical newfie speed SLOW she safely delivered a buatifil Black boy (with one white toe) - weight 1.4 kg :laugh: two hours later and she starts again and we had a stunning chocolate boy weight 780 gramms two hours later and nothing but just feeling her abdomen i knew she had not finished, spoke to the vet he said as she was not in distress and no obvious obstruction in the canal leave her a bit longer ...... still nothing, so off to the vet with the two puppies in tow, as poppy would not go without them .......... vet agreed utures not empty so we went down the oxytocin route but nothing so a c section .......... a pure black girl weight 1.5kg :) , a further black girl with white on chest 1.4kg :o and sadly a dead black boy but the dead puppy was attached to the uturus, which had become like tissue paper by the puppy and it was going rotton, so the vet had to spay her :) very sad but she is home now and doing well and looking after her new family. What a day!!

Oh Newfiesrus sounds like you have had a rough time. Glad to hear that Poppy is recovering well and looking after her babies. Sorry to hear that she had to be spayed but glad that it wasn't any worse - you may have lost her and the puppies. Hope they continue to be healthy & all goes well.

Thanks for all the photos :)

Newfiesrus, sorry that you and Poppy had such a rough time, and that she had to be speyed, but as Shelby said it could have been worse. Hope all well otherwise?. Look forward to updates. ;)

Holly crap Newfiesrus! :laugh: In one way that was a lucky outcome as it could of been a lot worst. They are huge puppies, I'm not sure what the normal size for that breed is but ....wow !!! :):o Heres hoping for a speedy recovery for mum and best of health for puppies. :D RIP little boy that didn't make it.

Congrats everyone for june!!

Sorry for the ppl who have lost puppies *hug*

Im about to move my guys outa the whelping box into a large puppy pen lol Still with the heat matt and vet bed (and heater on at nite) Just a bit more room..

I went and brougth some lino and a few other things.. I will try and start toilet traning well hoping they go onto the puppy traning pads anyhow lol

Edited by TeamSnag

Mine are just starting to get more interesting :laugh: by trying to play with each other. Their granddad has had a closer look and I am sure he can't wait till they are old enough and outside so he can play with them. Have put their first soft toy in with them today - a teddy that their mum had as a baby.