South Australian Sleddog Club-training Day

Any energetic medium size dog can become a sleddog!

When: Sunday 2nd May

Time: 7.00am start (Experience mushers)

9.00am start (Novice and newcomers)

Where: Kuipto Forest

‘Rocky Creek Hut’

Razorback Road

Want to learn about sleddog racing & give it a go!

Training Day

What you will need to bring:

• dog with a collar and lead

• water & bowl (for dog)

• bicycle helmet

• comfortable clothing & a pair of runners

• a sense of fun and adventure

Food and Drinks available!

This is a OPEN BREED event

South Australian

Sleddog Club

Any

energetic

medium size dog

can participate

Edited by Miss Squish

Wow...Ms Squish we are going to have a few busy weekends a head of us.

Its going to be so funny seeing Asia try to pull a sled :) Never know she might surprise us all and beat the huskies...lol

I cant wait to see Missy have a go...It will sure put her strength and energy to good use. Must remember the squeeky toy

Pitbulls are known for pulling x30 times their own weight and I have seen them weight pull cars...so at least I know she will be able to pull my weight...lol

Its going to be so funny seeing Asia try to pull a sled :rofl: Never know she might surprise us all and beat the huskies...lol

I cant wait to see Missy have a go...It will sure put her strength and energy to good use. Must remember the squeeky toy

Pitbulls are known for pulling x30 times their own weight and I have seen them weight pull cars...so at least I know she will be able to pull my weight...lol

Shar pei being a herding, hunting & guarding dog originally, its bound to be amusing her being a sleddog :rofl: , never know she could be a natural as I have been told before " you cant train a Shar pei" & Ive proved some people wrong :laugh:

Missy will love it :thumbsup: She is one strong, energetic dog.

Any any other Adelaide people coming??

Edited by Miss Squish

:provoke: We had such a great time & will definately be having another go soon!

:D @ Asia as she couldnt work out why, for a change, I wasnt happy with her putting herself into heel position next to the scooter & why I wanted her to go out in front & pull :o With a few gentle bum taps which set her off into zoomie mode she was off!

So proud of my 20kg girl, actually pulling my 68 kg weight+ the scooter, she would never be much competiton against the Huskies, Malamutes & Border collies etc but she did me proud! :)

I havent seen the photos yet but If they dont look too bad I will post them soon. No one warned me how fit you have to be to keep the scooter moving if your dog stops abit to sniff along the track :rofl:

After both of our boredom with repetitive obedience training it was great to see Asia be free to be a dog, have no corrections & just run & have fun :wave: