Titre Testing In Sydney

Here at our Sydney clinic, we're just about to start titre testing for Parvo and Distemper but I guess before we jump right into it, wanted to know if there are many people who are keen to do it.

Because we're going to be sending blood directly to WA, we hope to be able to offer it for considerably less than I've seen people quoted before.

So, are people still keen on getting titres done?

Edited by stormie

Yes,yes .yes!

I was just quoted $201.00 :laugh: by a vet that I only go to for acupuncture.

When I had it done last time by her usual vet it was $122.00

We can offer the two for $85 - thats to come in, pull blood, transport etc. If you wanted a consult with it, would work out about $110

Yes,yes .yes!

I was just quoted $201.00 :eek: by a vet that I only go to for acupuncture.

We can offer the two for $85 - thats to come in, pull blood, transport etc. If you wanted a consult with it, would work out about $110

That's a pretty good price. What suburb are you in?

Yes,yes .yes!

I was just quoted $201.00 :rofl: by a vet that I only go to for acupuncture.

That's a pretty good price. What suburb are you in?

Pennant Hills.

We only just got the ball rolling today by opening an account etc, but we expect to be able to start sending samples within the next week or so. We were thinking that maybe if we had enough people interested , we could do a titre testing day and send a whole batch off at once :eek:

Yes,yes .yes!

That's a good price. I had one of my Cavs to the vet a couple of weeks ago and had blood test done for a baseline to have on record. While I was there I asked about titre testing and was told the senior vet would phone me with the info...which he did. He said I would pay for another consult fee plus the extra for taking bloods and all up it would cost me $300+ per dog ;) He said it would be sent to WA for titre testing.

He then pushed vaccinating the dogs, which isn't going to happen.

Yes,yes .yes!

That's a good price. I had one of my Cavs to the vet a couple of weeks ago and had blood test done for a baseline to have on record. While I was there I asked about titre testing and was told the senior vet would phone me with the info...which he did. He said I would pay for another consult fee plus the extra for taking bloods and all up it would cost me $300+ per dog ;) He said it would be sent to WA for titre testing.

He then pushed vaccinating the dogs, which isn't going to happen.

It's amazing the difference it makes sending directly to WA. If we used our standard every day lab, which I'm pretty sure sends the blood on to WA themselves, it would cost clients about $170 (not including a consult) for the Parvo and Distemper. But by us opening an account directly with them means we can do it at over half the price!

It's amazing the difference it makes sending directly to WA. If we used our standard every day lab, which I'm pretty sure sends the blood on to WA themselves, it would cost clients about $170 (not including a consult) for the Parvo and Distemper. But by us opening an account directly with them means we can do it at over half the price!

$170 is reasonable. The $300-350 quoted by the vet here for each dog is a bit over the top, considering we had a consult just 2 weeks ago so don't really need another one.

Does anyone know a vet in the SE 'burbs of Melbourne who does titres at a reasonable price?

Does anyone know a vet in the SE 'burbs of Melbourne who does titres at a reasonable price?

Yes I would also be very interested in titre test in this area.

Also, it would be great if vets who do large number of testing would keep some sort of record of the results. As it is we are just blindly vaccinating, or not vaccinating, and have absolutely no idea if our dogs are protected or not.

Yes,yes .yes!

I was just quoted $201.00 :laugh: by a vet that I only go to for acupuncture.

Sounds good to me. We're in Cherrybrook so I know we're nearby... Won't need it until this time next year though as we're only just due to take Charlie for his 1 year booster.

Yeah I think it'll just be something we do all the time now, turns out getting the blood to WA is very straight forward so no need to want to send in groups. We only opened the account the other day, so we're still waiting on all the forms and tubes etc to come in the mail, but soon as we have it all I'll let you know and you can come in.

this is great news stormie :laugh:

i'm in northmead ... i haven't made any enquiries with my usual vet about titre testing but now that you report that you'll do it as a regular thing rather than a bulk thing, makes it much easier to make decisions...

my two aren't due for their annuals 'til late october and i'm certainly up for having my two titre tested ... my vet will just have to understand!