Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Hello everyone! Long time no post - and unfortunately no new photos. I will take some soon as tomorrow is my last day of work!!!! Yeeha! Then I have ten glorious days at home and then I start a new (much, much, much better) job (and I will have to spend at least some of that time buying some decent clothes to wear and stocking up on stockings....). Hmmmm. Scary times.

I love the towel-head photos. But. Wuffles - why does Satch have a towel round his head? Is it to block out the noise of the vacuum? Maybe its something we could try with Max - as he didn't enjoy the hydrobath particularly, or at all. We didn't even attempt the vacuum in preservation of our clothes, arms, skins, eyeballs etc :cry: .

So I missed the toxic thread, but can only imagine. Last night I was quite caught up with watching the cyclone in Nth Qld. I'm from there, and my family's from there. I was amused this morning by the reports, as after all the hype people seemed almost disappointed. But if anyone has been to Cardwell or Mission Beach, there's just not that many houses there to be destroyed! And then anyone that they could get on the phone was so typically NQ'er'ish - aw yeah mate, its not too bad, it was a pretty big cyclone - and I could just imagine they're probably in water up to their knees, with the roof next door blown off. Almost makes me "homesick" for that easy and relaxed approach to life.

I'm enjoying reading about Genevieve's antics once again - and poor Mr Clastic and his finger! :cry: Sounds very painful. And love the tags for Astrid! (And hello to everyone else too!).

I'm not going to be there on Thursdays! I was there tonight but just for the beginners lecture, I saw Kuma through the door. I'm doing everything on Sundays...

I read this thread allll the time but don't have the patience to sit and reply sometimes :cry: It is still my favourite though!

Edit: Satch had the towel around his head to keep his ears out of the way... :cry: :cry: Or maybe the hydrobath guy thought it was cute... which it was :cry:

Edited by wuffles

lilli_star - don't worry. They're not Kelpie-proof either. One of mine gnawed on one of the trampoline beds - I'm think it might have been Elbie. They don't do it anymore though and seem to love sleeping on them now.

clastic: Heh! Come on Sunday morning then! :cry: Then Hoover and Elbie can play with Mars in the offlead area. :cry: Hoover and Mars might even be class-mates!

KA - was the evening session cooler than Sunday morning ... although I guess tonight wasn't too representative...

max#1: Hoover's ok with the vacuum cleaner. Elbie does not like it. What he hates most is OH's Giant Robo Panda (given to him by my brother). Its eyes glow red, it moves robotically and sometimes it talks. Elbie HATES it and will circle around it barking like a maniac.

Edited by koalathebear

Naughty doglet tricks me! :cry: She goes for aggggggeeees without chewing/destroying anything or digging holes and this afternoon I come home to the dog bed ripped up and about 5 holes! Gah!

My sisters dogs have destroyed 2 trampoline beds, or maybe 3. Plus I really should have taken a photo of one of their kennels. It's a wooden fancy one that has been EATEN by her doglets all around the entrance! :cry:

max#1: Hoover's ok with the vacuum cleaner. Elbie does not like it. What he hates most is OH's Giant Robo Panda (given to him by my brother). Its eyes glow red, it moves robotically and sometimes it talks. Elbie HATES it and will circle around it barking like a maniac.

Ummm, yeah, that would freak ME out.... :cry:

Edited by lilli_star

Unfortunately for Max, when I think of setting him up a 'bed' I usually just chuck an old sheet on the ground, so there's not too much for him to rip up... :cry: I will leave a bit of newspaper around though from time to time, just so he can rip it up and keep himself amused..... The things you do for your dogs.... :cry: (I also will give him an empty plastic bottle too - sometimes reading this thread I get the guilts, cause I hardly ever buy 'stuff' for Max. I don't often buy stuff for myself either! So at least its even!).

KTB: I meant for Wuffles the hydrobath vacuum. Is that what you're talking about? Max is cool-as with our home vacuum cleaner (thought the robot sounds awful) - appliances that he does bark and get excited about so far include the food processor (especially when we pulse it), the whipper snipper and any brooms/mops.

Wuffles it is cute. It brings out his eyes!

I haven't heard anything from my obedience club. The first session is supposed to be this Sunday. There's noone there though except on Sunday mornings - so I can't even call and find out! Apparently they were going to let us know - we'll see.

Edited by Max#1

KTB: I meant for Wuffles the hydrobath vacuum. Is that what you're talking about? Max is cool-as with our home vacuum cleaner (thought the robot sounds awful) - appliances that he does bark and get excited about so far include the food processor (especially when we pulse it), the whipper snipper and any brooms/mops.

:cry: Ooops. No, I am stoopid :cry:

The doggies had lamb flaps tonight. We've had an annoying dilemma of the bone-feeding thing because they have to be supervised because bones are so High Value and a Potential Cause of Conflict ... Sometimes they take forever, they eat at different speeds ... Tonight we just put their leashes on them and tethered them a distance apart and gave them their lamb flaps. Problem solved. We still kept an eye on them, but we didn't have to be glued to their sides. Funny thing was - today they finished at almost exactly the same time. I am being overpowered by Lamb Flap Breath :cry:

wuffles - I feel the same way. Sometimes the thread movies soooooo fast. I try to reply but I'm sure I miss stuff sometimes :cry: Will your trialling on Sundays still be at 8am? I guess you'll do trialling at 8am and assistant teaching at 9am?

lilli_star: it is a freaky thing. I'm not surprised Elborino doesn't like it ..

Edited by koalathebear

Remember Furbies? Those things were way freaky :cry: My ex's little sister had one. *Shudder* I really didn't like them. All that weird gibberish for no reason and at random times...

Just me then? :cry:

*Ahem*

As you were.

Remember Furbies? Those things were way freaky :cry: My ex's little sister had one. *Shudder* I really didn't like them. All that weird gibberish for no reason and at random times...

:cry:

My younger brother has many phobias.

1. He always hated those black and white photos of Abraham Lincoln (like this one). Cruel and Evil Koala used to trick him into looking into the Viewmaster at it - I told him it was on the Disney picture :cry:

2. He hates clowns - although

is absolutely hilarious

3. He doesn't like inanimate things talking/coming to life so any talking broccoli/statues/cauliflower freak him out - even Sesame Street style.

Me? I strongly dislike maggots.

Hoover seems to have no fear. I guess those farm-bred Kelpies are bred tough ... :cry: Elbie's getting over most of his phobias, thank goodness. Last night, even with the crazy thunder and lightning he was totally fine. Too bad about the Robo Panda ...

*Ahem*

As you were.

Ahhh Furbies. I convinced my parents I had to have one for Christmas because my best friend had several and they were always so highly amusing when we'd play with them at hers. Turns out they're not very fun on your own so I never really played with mine. Oops!

:cry:

My younger brother has many phobias.

1. He always hated those black and white photos of Abraham Lincoln (like this one). Cruel and Evil Koala used to trick him into looking into the Viewmaster at it - I told him it was on the Disney picture :(

2. He hates clowns - although

is absolutely hilarious

3. He doesn't like inanimate things talking/coming to life so any talking broccoli/statues/cauliflower freak him out - even Sesame Street style.

Me? I strongly dislike maggots.

Hoover seems to have no fear. I guess those farm-bred Kelpies are bred tough ... :( Elbie's getting over most of his phobias, thank goodness. Last night, even with the crazy thunder and lightning he was totally fine. Too bad about the Robo Panda ...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Evil Kwala is funny, but naughty ;)

I have phobias about words...yes, words. Some words just squick me out.

Slightly embarrassing, but speaking of the storms last night, I woke up at 4am thinking that someone was taking a photo of me. Uhhh, no. That was lightning. :(

It certainly could be a fear period, as it fits in with the time scale, but in that case wouldn't she be like that all the time, not just when I'm walking her? She's fine when OH is with us. It's quite perplexing!

foxyboi: I got them from: http://www.etsy.com/shop/bowwowzerz and http://www.etsy.com/shop/DogTagArt Now, in payment for the info I need to see some Shiba pics :(

wizzle: There won't be any birthday parties for Astrid either, OH wouldn't even let me put a santa hat on her for Christmas! I showed him the cute doggie cupcakes and he looked at me like I was an alien :cry:

lilli_star: Wow, great shots to show how much she's grown! She looks comfy lol Poor trampoline bed! We are picking up one similar for Astrid this weekend, I hope she doesn't eat it!

Loving all the doggies in their stylish headwear :cry:

Regarding the blue colour in dogs. I don't quite get the attraction but OH LOVES blue dogs. We saw a blue and white Amstaff a little while ago and I thought he was going to steal it lol. Loves blue Great Danes too.

And a pic for today, not a doggie but how cute is this pic of Tiger? :cry: I love it. Snapped it while we were visiting my family.

tiger.jpg

Oh, and an update on the toilet training! We've been trying to teach her to scratch at the door when she wants to go out, and she's getting the message, kind of! Now she sits and stares at the closed door, then when we notice and start to walk over to her, then she scratches :cry:

ETA: I take so long to post that there are more by the time I actually hit the button to post lol. OH has several Furbies, I HATE them... he also has a horrid creepy stuffed monkey thing that he insists must sit on our bookcase. I am convinced it wanders the house at night plotting evil :cry:

Edited by ravenau1

I found something Echo goes nuts for when training - the tuna we feed out cats, we give the cats canned human grade tuna as its cheaper and does not contain the crap pet food does, Echo absolutely loves it!

Also my OH found that Echo has MUCH MUCH worse farts than him, the worst part is they are silent and in his words smells like he let out a dead rotting cow

KA, nice to see you at training tonight - there was certainly a big dog club there early tonight!

KTB, you are eveeeeel! _diabolic__by_Taimotive.gifEvil_by_parablivion.gifKoala_Emote_by_ShoneGold.gifKoala_by_Tsebresos.gif BUt we'll see you on Sunday.

As for phobias AND furbies, did I ever tell you how we psychologically scarred a Furby? We bought one on sale, purely to have a look at the AI. My old siamese cat took against it, and used to lurk behind it , peering at its face, and smack it on the head everytime it opened its eyes. It got to the point that it woul start screaming 'MONSTERS' every time it opened its eyes again, and refused to say anything else - one psychologically scarred Furby!

Slightly embarrassing, but speaking of the storms last night, I woke up at 4am thinking that someone was taking a photo of me. Uhhh, no. That was lightning. :(

:cry: :cry:

As for phobias AND furbies, did I ever tell you how we psychologically scarred a Furby? We bought one on sale, purely to have a look at the AI. My old siamese cat took against it, and used to lurk behind it , peering at its face, and smack it on the head everytime it opened its eyes. It got to the point that it woul start screaming 'MONSTERS' every time it opened its eyes again, and refused to say anything else - one psychologically scarred Furby!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thankfully not many other people are at work yet to hear me laughing at the computer...

My little man got desexed yesterday. Unfortunately because he only had one descended testicle he had to have a castration as well as a "spay" pretty much as they had to go searching to find the other one, which ended up in his belly :cry: So he has a huge amount of stitches in and has been following me around everywhere so that he can get lots of sympathy cuddles. He even put himself in his crate at 7.30 last night!! Normally he has a whinge if we try and put him to bed before around 10.30/11ish. He keeps falling over though :cry: :cry: