Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

wuffles: poor Ava. I hope she feels better soon and porks up a little...

As for the obedience trialling, it wasn't something I was considering before but I just don't think Hoover's going to be agility or flyball material and he seems to enjoy obedience a lot - he's very food driven rather than prey driven ... I want to make sure he doesn't get 'neglected' in terms of entertainment :o

ETA: On second though, after having watched a few trialling videos tonight, perhaps I'll just let him repeat the gold/trialling class at BDOC over and over again. I don't think trialling itself looks like fun - for me! ;)

Edited by koalathebear

well :) hey guys, i know im not always following this thread, but i thought u would appreciate some of these pics...

sunday arvo on the way home:

198440_10150126658326686_690096685_6731831_1455639_n.jpg

Monday arvo ears up already!!

196360_10150127428816686_690096685_6741437_3965900_n.jpg

her name is Willow (atm unless we decide on something else)

well :) hey guys, i know im not always following this thread, but i thought u would appreciate some of these pics...

sunday arvo on the way home:

198440_10150126658326686_690096685_6731831_1455639_n.jpg

So cute! How did meeting your other dog go?

Jealous of puppy cuddles.....

well raz was there when we picked her up, and they basically were home together since, he was a bit put off i think an annoying puppy jumping at him, but this morning he had a play with her, i dont think it will take long for them to bond :)

HI Guys!

So sorry I can't keep up with all the posts as you guys move so fast with it! Do you check this thread on your iphone (if so, how do you reply as I can't get it to work AND my job filters the internet so I can't see any photos so its my phone or once a day at night).

Well, I was hoping to up the photo count of this thread seen as its in the photo thread...

Please meet Fysher!

He's Asti's baby (not smaller) brother! He's 12months old and joined our household on Saturday. He loves toys that make noise - especially squeakers, and has subsequently broken all of Asti's toys she has had for the last 2 years (she's so gentle with them that they look like new!). He loves swimming in his clam pool and chasing lizards and ants in the garden... actually he'll do that all day if I let him.

He was supposed to be a show dog but it didn't turn out, this means he's been through all the training and walks so well on the lead - we're hoping he can give Asti some tips! :laugh: He also comes to his name and is very attentive! He's a bit of a wilting flower if you look at him the wrong way or raise your voice (not even at him) he'll shy away like he's in trouble - we need to toughen him up!

Asti's a little put out at the moment, and it makes me sad :laugh: , I have no idea how people have two kids! how do you share the love? I suppose Asti will always have a special part of me as she was my first dog (as I wasn't supposed to have one because i'm allergic to almost all other breads other than frenchies and pugs!).

Fysher is the perfect companion for fiesty Asti and as they slept together in the same bed last night for about 4 hours, so I think he's growing on her!

This is Fysher:

189725_10150136624011593_634636592_6773027_2753295_n.jpg

Froggy Doggy

206492_10150137359831593_634636592_6778227_8323566_n.jpg

206419_10150137359766593_634636592_6778226_300633_n.jpg

Fysher has discovered Asti toy box! and sat in it! :rofl: and crazy eyes!

196419_10150137359916593_634636592_6778228_6109391_n.jpg

199776_10150137360006593_634636592_6778229_5296602_n.jpg

Asti photo-bombing!

199957_10150137360096593_634636592_6778230_4343442_n.jpg

I smell chicken!

198609_10150137360116593_634636592_6778231_5862430_n.jpg

and one of my princess Asti. I call this one "Asti in the headlights"

197960_10150136619416593_634636592_6773001_5174884_n.jpg

Sammie - Im in the same boat as you!! i love my razzle soooooo much, i really dont know how im going to share my time, the pup I have is on trial, but i dunno if she will be returned, though i still have concerns for my relationship with my older boy (the puppy love of my life) he too has been a bit put out with the new girls presence....and with a new rug on the floor he has stopped sleepign near me :laugh: i hope he adjusts and comes bak to being his old self else this little girl i have will be going bak...

Sammie - Im in the same boat as you!! i love my razzle soooooo much, i really dont know how im going to share my time, the pup I have is on trial, but i dunno if she will be returned, though i still have concerns for my relationship with my older boy (the puppy love of my life) he too has been a bit put out with the new girls presence....and with a new rug on the floor he has stopped sleepign near me :rofl: i hope he adjusts and comes bak to being his old self else this little girl i have will be going bak...

We're in the same boat... :laugh:

:laugh:

i mean she is adorable and its nothing against her...i just dunno how well im going to cope as a 2 dog home, raz and i used to spend all our time together...now i have to share him and myself with the little girl :rofl: i always wanted 2 kids...i guess this will be a good learning experience for me :laugh: maybe once we bond to the newcomer, it will be the 3 of us instead of the 2 of us :laugh: maybe :laugh:

SammieS: Fysher is gorgeous. Congratulations on the latest member of your family. dandybrush - your new puppy is beautiful - but you know that from facebook :laugh:

Don't worry about the time-sharing thing - it sorts itself out. I had profound angst when Hoover first came along - wuffles and lilli-star can tell you, because I was agonising about how Elbie (who was a very spoiled Only Dog for a while) seemed quite put out. Sometimes he seemed quite submissive, at one point it looked as though Hoover was going to be the dominant one .... Then I felt bad because so much of our time was spent looking after Hoover - toileting, training, bed time etc and he was very muchh neglected. As time passed though and Hoover got 'up to speed', it has been SUCH a pleasure having two dogs. They do a lot of stuff together - play, chill-out, train, sleep ... You've seen the photos of them sharing a crate. They snuggle. It took a little time for Elbie to stop having the very offended, wounded look on his face and I'm sure he would be totally happy being an Only Dog again - but the two of them really do enjoy playing with one another.

I do take the two of them out separately and I look forward to the day I can walk them together because that will save time. I know it's quite a stressful period when you bring home the second dog because the family dynamic gets totally turned over but if the dogs get along, everything sorts itself out in time and you'll be so entertained and chuffed by the funny antics the dogs get up together, their early morning greetings, their funny playbows and snuggles. Have fun! :rofl:

thanks ktb - my biggest concern is my relationship with raz, i know raz will adjust to the puppy, but does that mean raz wont follow me around and be with me always like he used to? or will i have 2 shadows? i can live with 2 shadows, i cant live with my puppy not bothering to be with me anymore...if you followe my thought, the issue here is me and how much i loved things how they were

If Elbie and Hoover are anything to go by, raz will keep following you diligently and puppy will follow you both. Elbie is definitely still much more attached to his humans than the puppy but Elbie's always been more fond of people than other dogs.

I sympathise but I think you're going to have to accept that with a new puppy, the dynamic will definitely be slightly different :laugh: Also, change can be for the better - you now have double the cuteness, doggy love and mischief!

One thing that I find a bit bad about having Hoover is that he butts in e.g. if we are patting Elbie, he will barge in and demand pats. It's cute but OH and I have to be very disciplined and refuse to pat Hoover if we are in the midst of patting Elbie.

To be honest I think it's harder for the hoomans to adapt to having two dogs rather than the dogs themselves :laugh: Some dogs do better by themselves, some do better with company and some are ok either way. I think Satch liked being an 'only child' but I wanted another dog so he had to deal with it. And he has.

It is definitely an exercise in time and resource management - I still struggle with that.

Ava is now 16 months old, Satch is 6, and their relationship with each other and us is still evolving.

But when you're about to leave for work of a morning and hear strange sounds coming from the backyard, so peek out the blinds and see the two dogs play bowing at each other and running around like hooligans - it makes it all worthwhile :rofl:

Edit: Ava love love love loves Satch and at first we didn't think the feeling was at all mutual :laugh: These days he definitely shows signs of enjoying her company more than just a little, but he doesn't fawn over her like she does him. In saying that, I've just managed a CCD obedience pass with Ava so I obviously don't have any problems with human-dog bonding!

Edited by wuffles

yep, ill remember that, mmm i'll give it time, i sure am fond of little willow already :laugh: it was cute to see them play this morning, i hope you are right and raz stays my best buddy and hopefully willow will become best buddy number 2 :rofl:

Congrats SammieS. Fysher is CUTE!

I am sure that you will all end up fine with the 2 doggies. I am hanging out until Ziggy is 2 then I would dearly love to get another. For all the wrong reasons - for company for him! He loves other dogs! And, of course, puppies are so cute.

yes i know you are right wuffles, raz is ok with it, its me who is concerned, and who was in love with what raz and i have together and i dont really want it to change, i would like willow to focus on us as much as raz does so she is gonna require some training/time spent on her too maybe if they both focus on us then they will both follow us around :laugh:

Congrats SammieS. Fysher is CUTE!

I am sure that you will all end up fine with the 2 doggies. I am hanging out until Ziggy is 2 then I would dearly love to get another. For all the wrong reasons - for company for him! He loves other dogs! And, of course, puppies are so cute.

I hope Satch hangs around for a long time to come, because Ava wouldn't cope as an only dog, but I don't dare imagine what mischief could be caused by TWO Aussies :laugh:

yes i know you are right wuffles, raz is ok with it, its me who is concerned, and who was in love with what raz and i have together and i dont really want it to change, i would like willow to focus on us as much as raz does so she is gonna require some training/time spent on her too maybe if they both focus on us then they will both follow us around :laugh:

Satch is not a velcro dog AT ALL but that doesn't mean he isn't attached/bonded to us :rofl: He just lies on his bed while we wander around the house, go into the backyard, etc. He's independent and that's part of what makes him our Satchy.

Ava is very velcro and it really annoys OH :laugh: She's always getting in the way, getting herself tangled in cords, trying to sit on your feet when you're putting your shoes on, vacuuming up dropped food before you even know you've dropped it... It took me a while to get used to as well but now I like it. Don't know if I could handle two velcro dogs, though. Sometimes I just want to be alone!