Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Cuuuute puppy pics of Pepper!

:cry: Thanks everyone for their support, its really sad, and we were hoping that Fysher would be the perfect fit - he was in temperment just not right for being left alone (with or without Asti).

Asti has perked up a bit this morning and wanted to have a game with Fysher so she must be starting to feel better, although I'm trying to keep the play at a minimum for her.

so sorry of you hard decision sammies :cry:

thank you for the well wishes with my addition, i would like to teach my new girl to handle being left alone so that as she gets older she can handle it (not too sure how to go about it, but ill try)

loving the pics of pepper puppy :cry: what a cute little ball of fluff she was :cry:

Satch screams if I try do training with Ava and he can see us... KTB can attest to that :cry:

I think for my next dog I'm going to go for one with good play/prey drive... balls, toys, squeakies, tug... seems like fun :cry:

Note to self: start training puppies from birth in drive, plenty of toys etc.....

:cry: Ava does have some, but I don't think I did enough with it when she was little. I just wish she'd fetch a damn ball! :cry: Would make it much easier to exercise her considering she can't go running with OH anymore...

Sammie - I am so sorry to hear about your horrible week. I can only imagine how horrible a predicament you are in, but I am sure you will make the best decision for both your family and Fysher.

Dandybrush - Genevieve gets left alone when we are at work (some days that can be up to 9 or 10 hours, though usually no more than about 7). Her breed is known for not coping so great being left alone, but she has been fine. She sleeps most of the day. The pay off though is that when we are home, if we don't pay her attention when she wants it, she can be a right PITA!!! She knows the difference between us leaving the house and us being in another room...

It broke my heart to do it at the time, but the day I collected her from the breeder, I also had to go to work for a few hours (I had just started a new job and couldn't get out of it). My OH was overseas at the time so it was just me. So on her very first afternoon, she was left by herself at home for a few hours. I wouldn't do it again by choice, but I do believe it helped get her used to being alone from the outset. My advice would be don't wait too long before taking small trips to the shop, or up the street... Start small (15 minutes) and work your way up. And when you do leave them, make sure they are in a small, confined room, like the laundry or bathroom. The bigger space they are allowed to roam in, the more they will fret.

*Waiting for the flames*

How cute is Pepper!!!! I love the puppy fluff! I wish they didn't have to lose the fluffiness as they got bigger!

Echo looks so proud in his new coat!!! He looks like he is posing for Calvin Klein in it!!!

And well done on all the achievements this week! I agree, Auntie KA should get cooking!!!!! :cry:

thanx wizzle i might try to crate her for short periods then take raz out, i did it the other day took raz to the park, i might try to do it regularly get her used to being alone/apart from raz

Oh yeah! Crating!!! Why I didn't mention that, I don't know! Crating is great. Big fan of that in our house. Hope it is as affective with Madeleine as it has been with Genevieve!

Edited by Wizzle

Sorry to hear not everyone is having good times in their doggy households. The second dog is obviously not always easy to do! Will keep in mind when I am thinking about it.

Some random photos...('scuse the quality of the first one)

Nom nom

IMG_0505.jpg

Posing

IMG_0595-2.jpg

Toys

IMG_0599.jpg

thanx wizzle i might try to crate her for short periods then take raz out, i did it the other day took raz to the park, i might try to do it regularly get her used to being alone/apart from raz

Oh yeah! Crating!!! Why I didn't mention that, I don't know! Crating is great. Big fan of that in our house. Hope it is as affective with Madeleine as it has been with Genevieve!

:thumbsup::laugh::cry::(:laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:) yep i hear ya :cry:

ok, when raz was a baby and he would wake up at 6 am, we would lock him outside and go bak to sleep...is it ok to lock willow out when she wakes up without raz? and go bak to sleep? :/ i guess it would be good alone time training :shrug:

:) yep i hear ya :cry:

ok, when raz was a baby and he would wake up at 6 am, we would lock him outside and go bak to sleep...is it ok to lock willow out when she wakes up without raz? and go bak to sleep? :/ i guess it would be good alone time training :shrug:

We tried this, so I would say yes it's ok, but in our case once one dog was awake so was the other. Then we'd chuck them both outside and they'd play and turn into nong-heads and bark and wake us up anyway.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out with Flynn, SammieS.

Well done to clever Hoover!

I have found a new game that is good for both mindy and I. We play soccer together (she is better than me though lol)! It is good because we both get exercise, instead of me standing and throwing her ball for her, I get to run around too! She can actually pick the soccer ball up in her mouth though which is a bit annoying but cute.

Catching up ...

SammieS: I hope that Asti's feeling much better now. I am very sorry about Fysher. It was a very heart-breaking decision to make but it sounds like it was the right one. When Hoover came to us, we had the option to return him if he didn't get along with Elbie - that was a very important option for me. I am so glad that we didn't have to send Hoover back but I do understand that there are sometimes circumstances that make it more appropriate for the dog in question to live elsewhere ... I hope you can find a suitable buddy for Asti soon :thumbsup:

As for food, we are bad and lazy dog parents and thought that the whole raw/barf thing was way too fiddley and complicated for us ... We feed Royal Canin adult to both of our dogs and they get the occasional bone/lamb flap and also treats - shop made and lately, home-made :D They seem pretty happy and healthy on this diet.

kyliegirl: I am also very impressed by the luxuriousness of Echo's cushion/bed!

Clastic: Pepper is still very cute but gosh she was a winsome puppy. Those eyes. :thumbsup: Those little pink puppy paws.

dandybrush: for alone time, we would just leave one behind in a crate or in the yard when we went out with the the dog for a short walk/short car trip. They seem fine with this as long as we leave them with scattered kibble/Kong wobbler etc. A couple of times we left Hoover, we came back and found that he had stranded himself at the side of the house - unharmed and unfussed - but since then all has been well :cry: I feel bad leaving one behind but I know that it's good for them to be able to 'be alone'. Sometimes we also put one in the house and one outside.

betsy: Ziggy is such a handsome and happy-looking boy. He always looks so serene in his photos, I find it funny that you say he's energetic. :thumbsup:

Two photos ... While Elbie did not pass Silver, he did get an encouragement certificate :thanks:

elbieencourage.jpg

I love it when my two get all snuggly - makes me feel like I made the right decision to get a second pup :thumbsup:

sleepingpuppiescute.jpg

ok so basically it looks like we are keeping willow, my current concern before i commit:

ok raz is my buddy - he used to follow me everywhere and hang in the room with me, now i get willow is a bubba and atm raz tends to follow her around unless she is crated for a nap (when he will nap with me). now my question is once she settles will raz go bak to being my buddy and following me around and chillaxing with me? or is that "perfect" moment in time gone?

i would be happy with raz being my buddy i would also be happy if willow joined in and became buddy 2 will they both follow me around as raz once did? or is that one of those perfect moments i cant get bak unless i give willow bak?

:thumbsup:

Ok Dandybrush, I may not be qualified to answer because I'm a mum to one and will only be a mum to one BUT here's my 2c worth...

It's what you make of it. There are no guarantees that you and Raz will be BFF, even if he stayed an only furkid... so there are no guarantees that you'll stay BFF with him when you have a second furkid.

I would suggest that you make time to have Dandybrush/Raz Only time, as well as Dandybrush/Willow Only time. Spend time with them independently and create a bond with them as individuals. Your perfect moment may not be gone, it may now be supplemented with another little face peering up at you too.

My other suggestion would be to take a deep breath. My opinion (and feel free to dismiss...) is that you're over thinking the situation! You will have a special bond with Raz, he's your first born, your first dog-love... But I think your heart will swell enough to allow room for you to love Willow just as much. You wouldn't have brought her home if you didn't want her, and didn't love her. Sure, your relationship might be "different" but that doesn't mean different is bad, it just means different. I think that if you don't relax, you could be at risk of ruining your relationship with both dogs...

Your heart will make room for loving both your dogs, just as it will when you have children.

...and now I step out...

no kuma you are exactly right, i am over thinking it as everyone keeps telling me, i just worry about everything and anything its exhausting. i am consciously going to try to stop worrying and only address issues as they arise as no one can predict the future and my doggy relationships

i am going to make a conscious effort to have me and raz and me and willow time, maybe not every day but often, and i am going to try to relax and stop stressing over raz and mine relationship and just see what happens, continue both dogs training and work out any issues as they arise

thank you for talking sense without saying it harshly (or in a nasty way) i really appreciate that, thank you (i know how annoying i am)

on a happier note i have a puppy :eek: and she is gorgeous and already a handful :thumbsup:

Edited by dandybrush