Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

Hi All,

I've been a lurker in this thread for a while so I thought I'd say hi. It has been interesting reading this thread with the people getting their second dogs and their experiences.

I currently have a Border Collie Diesel and I am getting a second Border in about four weeks time. Like others we are getting the second one for company as well as a variety of other reasons.

Diesel is very much my OH's dog, he worships the ground he walks on. Whilst I do majority of the training at home my OH runs with Diesel in agility and Flyball because he just goes that little bit better for him.

I hope that I will be able to bond more closely to our little girl but only time will tell. And then I can get start competing in the sports I love with her (once she's a bit older)

Here's my handsome man

fb14f780.jpg

dea18cbc.jpg

(sorry about the crappy quality)

Edited by Diesel&Ryder

:laugh: welcome

he is a beautiful dog

lol and your welcome :hug::rofl:

definately post your puppy pics when you get that little bundle :D

please let me know how you go bringing in your puppy also :)

Edited by dandybrush

dandybrush: great signature! We'll expect more photos! :)

Diesel&Ryder: Welcome to the thread. Diesel is beautiful - what is that colouring called in a Border Collie? Also - a new BC puppy in four weeks? Woohoo - border collie puppies are sooooooooo cute so we are hoping for some sweet photos. Our two dogs are more closely bonded with my OH - very bonded with me, too but he is definitely their favourite. I'm not fussed, there's enough love to go around :eek:

Oh Diesel is so handsome! There's something about the red (sorry if that's wrong) border collies - the red and white together just makes me think of caramel icecream!!!!

Still very jealous of everyone's second puppies!!!

Oh Diesel is so handsome! There's something about the red (sorry if that's wrong) border collies - the red and white together just makes me think of caramel icecream!!!!

Still very jealous of everyone's second puppies!!!

I call them "blonde" :eek: I know that's not what they're called, but it suits the colour more than "red". And I agree, I think they're gorgeous!

He is a Red and White Border Collie but gets called a variety of other things blonde, caramel, champagne

I don't mind if our next puppy (whose name is now Rumour) favours my OH more I just want to be able to handle her in Flyball and agility as I love these sports and want to get back into them

I have been so slack with taking photos lately, I will need to take some soon! Hopefully we will get someone to video our trial this weekend although it may not get posted if something goes wrong :thumbsup:

Welcome to the thread Diesel&Ryder! I always think of the colour in BCs as ee Red because I have read so much about colour genetics due to having a mystery colour dog :thumbsup: I think the colour in Aussies is called yellow :D

We have our first real agility lesson tonight which I am very excited about! ( :confused: KTB are you excited too?)

Welcome Diesel&Ryder!

You have a beautiful doggy.

Wuffles - I am very jealous that yourself, Ava, KTB and Elbie will all be having agility fun tonight! I am a bit concerned that because of stoopid winter our dog club doesn't do agility this term (and maybe next term as well). Oh well, we have games night, sausage sizzle and AGM tomorrow night (for the last night of term).

And I guess tracking might be fun (I could train Ziggy to do S&R!). I really hope that there isn't a lot of dog pee on the course as that will really throw him off.......

And yes, you have been slack, we need more Ava and Satch photos!

Welcome Diesel&Ryder!

You have a beautiful doggy.

Wuffles - I am very jealous that yourself, Ava, KTB and Elbie will all be having agility fun tonight! I am a bit concerned that because of stoopid winter our dog club doesn't do agility this term (and maybe next term as well). Oh well, we have games night, sausage sizzle and AGM tomorrow night (for the last night of term).

And I guess tracking might be fun (I could train Ziggy to do S&R!). I really hope that there isn't a lot of dog pee on the course as that will really throw him off.......

And yes, you have been slack, we need more Ava and Satch photos!

I think tracking would be a lot of fun! Both my dogs love to sniff so surely they'd like it, right? :) Alas no tracking in the ACT, we would have to travel.

Winter training is a bit crazy. Will just have to run lots :)

Hello People!

Welcome to the new fur kids in town! I hope Diesel likes having a new sister!

Dandybrush - I like Kuma's advice. You can't control what is or is not going to happen. But it sounds as though things are settling in nicely, and how cute is your new sig!!!

KTB - Loving the snuggles!

I was in Maddie's room the other day, sorting stuff out and I spied this out the window:

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

Oh to be a relaxin' dog!!! Please note croc slipper that is no longer functionable!