Advocacy Overdrive

I note he agrees with Karen Delise ("Fatal Dog Attacks") on quite a few points.

My question to the people that feel it’s “all in the genes, all in the bloodline”, or that the dogs are ‘trained” to fight, would be: How do you explain the dramatically low rate of deaths by dog bites, to both humans and dogs each year?

It can’t all be leash laws and good dog skills by humans. If it is as some suggest in the genes, where are the numbers to back it up? I’d say what keeps being handed down through genes is the kindness and tolerance that dogs have for dealing with the stresses of living in a human world.

The "pit bull problem" is different in US, of course.

I note he agrees with Karen Delise ("Fatal Dog Attacks") on quite a few points.
My question to the people that feel it's "all in the genes, all in the bloodline", or that the dogs are 'trained" to fight, would be: How do you explain the dramatically low rate of deaths by dog bites, to both humans and dogs each year?

It can't all be leash laws and good dog skills by humans. If it is as some suggest in the genes, where are the numbers to back it up? I'd say what keeps being handed down through genes is the kindness and tolerance that dogs have for dealing with the stresses of living in a human world.

The "pit bull problem" is different in US, of course.

The 'problem' is different in different regions in the US. You can find reactionary, proBSL places, and places that equate BSL to racism and fall on the side of treating each dog as an individual.

Edited by sandgrubber