Awesome Dogs...

APBT's are were used in the 911 search and rescue and are also used as police dogs overseas, and until BSL also in South Aus.

They're also used as customs dogs in the US.

What police role was the APBT used for overseas???.

I know a few have been trained up for drug detection in the states.

Thanks, Jeff. I didn't think that APBT's were succesful as security patrol/police dogs comparable with the GSD, Malinios disciplines???.

Stubby served with the 102nd Infantry, 26th (Yankee) Division in the trenches in France for 18 months and participated in four offensives and 17 battles.

After being gassed himself, Stubby learned to warn his unit of poison gas attacks, located wounded soldiers in no man's land, and — since he could hear the whine of incoming artillery shells before humans could — became very adept at letting his unit know when to duck for cover. He was solely responsible for capturing a German spy in the Argonne.

Stubby was made a life member of the American Legion, the Red Cross, and the YMCA. In 1921, the Humane Education Society awarded him a special gold medal for service to his country. It was presented by General John Pershing.

* 3 Service Stripes

* Yankee Division YD Patch

* French Medal Battle of Verdun

* 1st Annual American Legion Convention Medal

* New Haven World War I Veterans Medal

* Republic of France Grande War Medal

* St Mihiel Campaign Medal

* Wound stripe, replaced with Purple Heart when introduced in 1932

* Chateau Thierry Campaign Medal

* 6th Annual American Legion Convention

* Humane Education Society Gold Medal

His sed to be an APBT/ Boston terrier.

post-28000-1273453369_thumb.jpg

post-28000-1273453379_thumb.jpg

Edited by APBT

APBT's are were used in the 911 search and rescue and are also used as police dogs overseas, and until BSL also in South Aus.

They're also used as customs dogs in the US.

What police role was the APBT used for overseas???.

I know a few have been trained up for drug detection in the states.

Thanks, Jeff. I didn't think that APBT's were succesful as security patrol/police dogs comparable with the GSD, Malinios disciplines???.

:hug:

It has been a while since I have seen or heard of an APBT being used as a security patrol or general purpose dog. German Shepherds would still be the most popular breed of dog used for security / police work with the malinois coming in second.

Here is a photo from the Law Dogs USA website. They used to breed and rescue APBT for detection roles. Due to lack of funding they are no longer operational

group1.jpg