Labrador National Exhibit Lost!

Kostalot

Ch Fermanagh Orange Blossom "Blossom" is a yellow Labrador Retriever bitch. She and her owner are staying at the Avina Van Village and are in Sydney for the Lab National. Blossom snapped her lead and broke out of her crate last night (Sat 8/5) when some kids across the road let off a whole heap of firecrackers. Blossom is microchipped and may still have her soft collar on, Sammy Caldwell is her owner and is desperate to find her, she can be contacted on 0407364991. Please keep an eye out if you are in the area and phone Sammy if you see any stray yellow labrador retrievers.

They had an annoucement at the newcastle show today about this dog....and probably half hour after the announcement came over the PA they had another saying she had been found. Glad she is home and safe!

I can imagine how devastated and panic striken they are. We lost our girls three years ago when someone let them out and we were beside ourselves. I do hope she is found soon. I have passed this info on to all the 'doggy' people I know - I hope that was ok.

Aww poor Blossom, hope she is found soon.

A long time ago 2 of our Sammy's were let out of our property and they were missing for 2 months and 2 days. Long strory short, the people that found them, at first wanted to keep them, but didn't know their names etc. After two months they saw the poster a pet shop had left up in their window and decided to call us. So stay positive and hopefully she is found soon. We did find by not advertising their names helped us heaps.

It is the worst feeling and I really feel for Sam ~ my thoughts are with her

Mercedes, how long was it that your dogs were missing?

Any more updates on this girl?

Hi nynka, fortunately for us our neighbours were as pro-active as us in our search. We discovered at 11pm that someone had opened our side gates and began searching then. we searched until 3 in the morning - when we cld no longer stay awake. We began again at 5:30 the next morning with flyers and driving - as a school teacher I knew many of the local high school kids and I stopped a couple of school buses and asked teh kids if they'd seen 3 Labs running together.

In teh end we received a phone call from an elderly lady using a school students mobile to say they had seen them on teh golf course. when I arrived there at 9 in the morning every one was combing the golf course searching for them. Luckily for us they were found romping in the dam on the golf course.

No injuries, although one 9mth old bitch did yield higher hip scores than her sister

and the vet maintains she may have over strained in her romping.

So we were lucky - overnight only

Sorry for the late response. Yes Blossom has been reunited with Sammy, she had spent the weekend in the police station being spoilt rotten. All is well, Sammy and Blossom will be returning to Perth on Wednesday.:-)