Nt News Story, Has It Started..

geo

This was in todays NT news. i hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Territory looms as pit bull capital

ALYSSA BETTS

May 9th, 2010

DARWIN could become the pit bull capital of Australia now that every state has banned the dog from breeding.

Tasmania is the last to fall in line with the rest of the states - on July 1 it will classify the beefy canine a restricted breed and require all pure breds to be desexed.

The NT and Australian Capital Territory are the only places in the country where the dogs can procreate legally.

Ark Animal Hospital vet Stephen Cutter said it was possible Tasmania's move would lead to a jump in pit bull breeding in the NT.

"But there's a lot of breeding going on here already," he said.

"They'd probably be in the top three or four breeds - not necessarily pure bred, but every second cross breed dog has a significant amount of pit bull in it."

The NT Government dodged Northern Territory News questions as to whether it would consider following Tasmania's lead.

Local Government Minister spokeswoman Ursula Raymond said it was an issue for councils.

Dr Cutter and Dogs NT are not keen to see the Territory go down the same route as the other states.

Dogs NT president Graham Doyle said individual dogs should be punished for attacks, not entire breeds.

He said pit bulls were not even a recognised breed - they were mongrels with a fancy moniker that allowed them to be sold at a higher price.

"Any paperwork people have saying it is a pure breed is something someone's done up on a computer," he said.

Dr Cutter said there was no single defining characteristic that made a pit bull, and no DNA test for it either.

He said this would make it a nightmare in deciding when to enforce pit-bull-specific rules.

But he said pit bulls and pit bull crosses were "significantly over-represented" in dog bites and dog attacks. "They have a relatively high tolerance of pain and they often love to fight."

He said any legislative changes relating to desexing should cover all types of dogs, not just pit bulls.

and I thought we were safe.......

does any one know if you are reg breeder with Dogs NT and you breed pit bulls are you still aloud to breed????

I would have thought as the APBT were not a registered breed you would not be allowed to breed them as a registered breeder ?

Thats my view

J :o

does any one know if you are reg breeder with Dogs NT and you breed pit bulls are you still aloud to breed????

I would have thought as the APBT were not a registered breed you would not be allowed to breed them as a registered breeder ?

Thats my view

There not a recognized breed??????? I didnt know that, lol shows how blonde Iem, I thought it would have been that's all.

I thought about 7 years ago there was breeders for red noise pitbulls that are reg with kennel club, but I must be mistaken.

Those that are registered are registered with overseas registries that have registered them for a very very long time. Thats some computer jobby Doyle lol. well I guess all pedigrees are done on an inkjet nowdays.

I assume those into APBT would know what dogs are what on the pedigrees they come with. Not people who have nothing whatsoever to do with them like him. I am sorry and I await Dogs NT flame raining but he just sounds like another tosser shitting on a breed because it's the populer thing to be seen doing.

Thats my view

There not a recognized breed??????? I didnt know that, lol shows how blonde Iem, I thought it would have been that's all.

I thought about 7 years ago there was breeders for red noise pitbulls that are reg with kennel club, but I must be mistaken.

You cant be a breeder of Red nosed pit bulls, its just a color. But i have heard of many people having Papers for there APBT's.

I think they used to be registerable but not anymore.

I think they can still be registered in some countries, I'm not entirely sure.

What I think Graham Doyle is referring to about things done up on a computer is like the Pet's Paradise idea of 'papers'. This is Mum (Sasha), this is Dad (Fido), this is their birthday.

Not real papers.

It has started already.The media propaanda to put a spin on it.The NT will follow soon enough.Look for the next dog attack in the NT news it will be a pitbull and probably in the next month or so just to add impetus to it.Its easy to manipulate the media to do the dirty work the government does it al the time.

Onya Graham Doyle for not having a clue paperwork done up on a computer.Where did tis twat come from?ADBA papers look far better than cheap ass ANKC papers beleive me they are not done up on someone's computer buddy.

Edited by bulldogz4eva