Confused And Concerned

On the 23rd of last month a sweet little aussie terrier boy showed up on my door lost. He was a darling little thing, friendly and calm looked well looked after, he had a collar and a registration tag. Only thing was he was registered in Huon Valley Tasmania. I called the Huon Valley council first thinking his owners will have moved and not gotten him re-registered yet, I hoped they'd have a mobile listed so I could save the little man a trip to the pound. No such luck, the ranger said he would drop round to their house (which astounded me as it would never happen in this shire).

Called my local council so they could pick him up and scan him for a microchip. Waited. In the mean time the Tassie Ranger called again said the neighbours said they hadn't moved but thought the wife was on holidays in victoria. My local ranger arrives and take the little guy away. I asked her to put my name down if his owners didn't come forward.

Exactly a week later on the 30th I get a call from the council saying they got hold of his owners and he was being picked up. I was happy for the little guy and didn't think of it again. Until I looked on the council website today. He's up on it again! Apparently he was inpounded again the same day (the 30th) it's not a mistake since there's a new photo and it's definitely him since it has the huon valley rego up.

Where the hell are his owners? They obviously know the hows and wherefores of the local pound now why on earth has he been in there another week.

I'll give them a ring in the morning. Wish I could find his parents though and give them a kick up the...

The poor little guy :rofl:

I wonder what his owners are up to, some people just shouldn't own dogs. :o

Are you thinking of adopting him if his owners don't come foward?

Please keep us updated on what becomes of this poor little Aussie.

Without knowing exactly why he has been picked up/impounded again, there is nothing to justify kicking anyone up the ... his owner could be in hospital, he could have been looked after by someone while the owner is away for a few days etc.. no idea. If they are travelling, they may not be in phone range.. who knows?

Call the pound and ASK what happened?

Cordelia - I'm going to call as soon as the pound opens this morning. You can't contact them on weekends here which sucks. You're right there might be a reasonable explanation and I hope there is and that his family is great and will pick him up and take him home today. I just think it's odd that he got impounded again on the day he got out and I hate the idea that he's been in there for over two weeks all up now. That and he's lucky to be alive since he was found on my road both times which is a quite busy road.

BM - If his owners don't come forward I'll definitely adopt him, he's just the most beautiful little boy. That is if someone else hasn't put an expression on interest on him already. I did it the first time he was impounded but I guess that would reset and he's been in another week so...

I'll let everyone know what they say.

Well called the council. Still no idea what's happening with the little guy, I got to talk to a lady in their call centre who left a message for the rangers to add my name as an expression of interest for the little guy. I just hope he doesn't have to spend too long in the pound and that if his owners pick him up they keep him more secure so he doesn't end up on the road again.

Without knowing exactly why he has been picked up/impounded again, there is nothing to justify kicking anyone up the ... his owner could be in hospital, he could have been looked after by someone while the owner is away for a few days etc.. no idea. If they are travelling, they may not be in phone range.. who knows?

Call the pound and ASK what happened?

Cordelia, yes it is entirely possible that perhaps the owner may be in hospital or had the dog in someone else's care, etc etc but this is a case of it happening again and quite obviously the owner was not in hospital the 1st time around; if she is travelling has she not heard of boarding kennels in order to ensure that her dog doesn't run away yet again; sounds like a nonchalant attitude to me. You would think that if the dog had escaped that this wonderful lady (not) would have attempted to contact the shelter in order to get her dog back by now.

Edited by Abigail

So glad you are looking out for the little guy.

Just check that your name is officialy down for him and he will be ok no matter whether the owners collect him or not.

Cordelia is right - could be all sorts of reasons for the confusion including human error.

So glad you are looking out for the little guy.

Just check that your name is officialy down for him and he will be ok no matter whether the owners collect him or not.

Cordelia is right - could be all sorts of reasons for the confusion including human error.

Human error? please spare me, how many errors does any one person have to commit? and it takes another week to realise that the dog is missing yet again? human error, pfft!