Million Paws Walk

tlc

Hi guys, just wanted to share some pics I took today at our local Million Paws Walk. Pic quality not the best as I used my little point and shoot.

All my lot ready to go.

DSCN2005.jpg

DSCN2010.jpg

There were lots of people this year and the weather was great (usually it is raining)

DSCN2012.jpg

DSCN2015.jpg

DSCN2017.jpg

My girl Tully with her precious ball!

DSCN2022.jpg

Some nice doggies wanting to play with each other

DSCN2024.jpg

Not sure what this doggy was but he was very fluffy and cute.

DSCN2029.jpg

This doggy is Coopers brother Buster

DSCN2030.jpg

This is Cooper looking happy to be around so many dogs!!

DSCN2035.jpg

DOLers Tim & Tanya with Bruno

DSCN2032.jpg

Beautiful Bruno

DSCN2037.jpg

Kisses for his Mumma

DSCN2042.jpg

The whole Gang, My OH, RJ (DOLer) and her OH and T&T and all our doggies together.

DSCN2047.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg

DSCN2053.jpg

This lovely big boy is a Bernese Mountain dog x GSD, he was huge.

DSCN2075.jpg

DSCN2076.jpg

DSCN2092.jpg

We had a rest once we got back

DSCN2074.jpg

Bruno and Lacy were tired out

DSCN2083.jpg

DSCN2084.jpg

DSCN2090.jpg

Then Lacy seen the oportunity for a cuddle and jumped in Tanyas lap :laugh:

DSCN2078.jpg

My Lacy and RJ's Sniffle think they are having an affair of sorts :laugh:

DSCN2099.jpg

DSCN2113.jpg

DSCN2107.jpg

DSCN2109.jpg

DSCN2114.jpg

Cooper looks a little tired in this last one!

DSCN2116.jpg

Well thats it Sorry for the photo over load, A great morning was had by all and all the doggies behaved beautifully!! We were very proud of all of them.

Thanks for looking

Now I'm really upset I didn't go! You all look like you had a great time. The photos are excellent!

Gee...Cooper and his brother look very similar although I must say that Cooper is the most handsome of the two (biased...maybe!). The pic of Lacey and her ball is great. Amazing how she can still smile with a ball in her mouth!

:( Thanks Tez. I agree about Cooper but of course I would!! The people that bred Cooper only had two litters and his brother in the picture was from the first litter so he is 2 years older than Cooper and I was suprised by how similar they were, but Buster was smaller, so far Cooper has been the biggest dog out of both litters at around 18 kilos the smallest female is about 9 kilos and Cooper mum was only 7 kilos and his dad was 14kilos. So a real mix with the lot of them!

Funny though I always call Cooper the big boy but he looked Tiny next to Boof and Bruno, now them are big boys!! :rofl:

Guest Pandii

I headed down for a look, but got sick of trying to spot the Purebreed, so headed home

To many mutts and fluffies for me

I headed down for a look, but got sick of trying to spot the Purebreed, so headed home

I wasn't aware the MPW was restricted to ANKC recognized breeds!

Actually, looking again at these pics, I can see more pure breeds than X breeds.

German Shorthair Pointers, Maremma, Golden Retrievers, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Cocker Spaniels,

Airedale Terriers, Tenterfield Terrier, Australian Cattle Dog, English Mastiff, Labrador Retriever,

Flat Coated Retriever, Border Collie, (and what could possibly even be a Leonberger??? - Surely Not!)

That's a LOT of pure-bred dogs! I'm sure there were many others there too!

Looks like a great day!

Edited by jerojath

Guest Pandii

Its ok JJ, I wasnt referring to the photos, I didnt even wait for them to load, I was talking about what I saw when I went down there on Sunday

I was not at any time referring to what the RSPCA allows or doesnt allow, I was referring to my opinion on what I saw and what I choose to do.

I am not sure how you got that from my post?????

I did say I headed down for a look, but got sick of trying to spot the Purebreed, so headed home

My opinion, which I am allowed to post. Its what I saw when I was there

There was to many Mutts and flufflies for my liking so I come home, my choice and thats what I did.

This forum is for resuce dogs and ANKC purebreed isnt thats why I am here, not for mutts and mongrels that BYB breed

I headed down to the Brisbane event and noticed alot of mix breeds, not that that is a bad thing it was just noticeable in relation to the pure-breds. :thumbsup:

I havent been in a few years and wont be back. What a circus. Dog fights, dogs dragging their owners around into other dogs faces. I saw three dogs slip their leads. We just watched the flyball and saw the fastest rocket BC ever and left.

TLC your event looked a lot more pleasant. Is Bruno a Mastiff? Is he very young?

Rocco our even was awesome, not a huge amount of people maybe around 200. But allt he dogs were well behaved, there was one snappy kelpie but the guy put a muzzle on him and it was all good. I seen two that slipped thier collars and I'm afraid to say that one of them was mine :thumbsup: but it was fine I don't even think she realized she was off and I called her back and she just came and sat and her collar went back on (I did tighten it up as well :thumbsup:) We didn't have any flash events like fly ball, they just had a few awards at the end.

Bruno is an English Mastiff, he is 18 months old. He belongs to DOLer Tim & Tanya, he is a lovely boy a real gentle giant!

I was actually suprised by all the pure breds, they were clearly the majority. And such a diverse range as well which was great to see. Apart from my lot there were only 2 other oodles that I seen and one of them was Coopers brother. There was two goergous harlequin (sp) great danes they were just stunning, we have seen them before on our travels. One family had 3 Airdales, they were lovely. I also seen only one Mastiff like Red, not as deep a red in color as your boy but lovely all the same!! A couple of Bernese mountain dogs, just beautiful. Lots of GSP, a white shepard and JJ named a few more above. But all the dogs and the people had a lovely day and the weather was great too which was a bonus.

My highlight of the day was when a lady asked if I could line my 4 up for a photo and they sat and stayed while she took the picture, a little while later a lady came up to me and said how well trained they were and it was a credit to me, so that really made my day!! :thumbsup:

looks like you had a great day, and I'm glad it stayed fine for you,

I went along to the Cairns walk, also had a great day and didn't see any

problems with any of the dogs, good just to see so many people out and about

and enjoying their time with their dogs. Its the first time I have been and

was a bit nervy about what to expect re other dogs and how they behaved etc

but overall enjoyed our morning walk!

Nice photos tlc. Looks like you had fun!

About the number of crossbreeds versus purebreeds there... Seeing as it's an RSPCA event, I would think that a lot of the people who do the walk would have adopted their dogs from the RSPCA. Hence all the muttlies there.

Looks like it was a great day - I didn't end up getting there as I got held up talking at training. :(

Good thing I didn't go, would've been another 2 mutts in the crowd :mad

I havent been in a few years and wont be back. What a circus. Dog fights, dogs dragging their owners around into other dogs faces. I saw three dogs slip their leads. We just watched the flyball and saw the fastest rocket BC ever and left.

I have to admit concern about this is why I've stayed away in the past. Too many run ins with "Joe Public" here :) but I would imagine most people at such a thing would be a little more dog savvy than most.

We didn't have any flash events like fly ball

It's a pity that they don't do something to show what dogs can do - even a short obedience or tricks demo can be a great inspiration for people to get out and have fun with their dogs. I know I was in total awe the first time I watched the Class 4 people at obedience when Darcy was a puppy. And they were only doing stand stays!! Bloody awesome though considering I couldn't even get the stand happening. :eek:

Your right Jess, I should suggest it to Maws for next years event maybe they could get a few people interested from the dog clubs in the area to do a couple of demos, maybe a bit of Obedience and a bit of agility.

Like the lady that commented on my lot sitting and staying it is very basic obedience, I wonder what she would have said if she could have seen what they are really capable of !!

I have been to the MPW the last 4 years running twice in Melb once in Sale and once here and have never seen an incident that had me concerned. Melb was just awesome, not a hiccup. Just people out for a nice day with thier dogs and it was pretty much the same here. The only thing was the poor fella with his kelpie clearly wanted to be involved and trying to do the right thing but the dog was DA so he did put the muzzle on him.

Pebsnme, sounds like Cairns was a great day out too!

Gilla, the Majority was PB, I actually thought it would be like footscray, spot the Aussie but it was the other way around. I just wish I had taken my DSLR to get some better shots of all the dogs it was a photo op gone mad :eek: I had it in the car too but didn't fancy carrying it for the walk.

The main reaosn I took all the photos was for our absent DOLer Mawson, she usually leads the walk every year with her dog Mawson but she had to go OS for her Bros wedding, she was so dissapointed. I was thinking of her throughout the walk and dissapointed she wasn't there.

Just reading this thread is something of a shock, we are all supposed to love animals on this forum. Sure we have preferences many here actually most have own pure bred dogs. Many here also have or have had a X breed be it a dog a cat a horse or even a guinea pig.

Animals don't ask to be born, they just are. Many are born from the greed of humans

I often dont agree with what the RSPCA does, I do not always agree with their methods or policies. However their isn't an abundance of animal protection or rescue organisations, such as they are warts and all, they do each year save the lives of many animals, not all I know it s not a perfect world BUT they do rescue and they do save.

The funny thing is RSPCA officers never ask the dog or cat for his crudentials and pedigree before they rescue it. If it s in dire need, the chances are they will help in some way.

Therefore I can NOT see the relevance of the breed of dogs at an RSPCA fund raiser. It is n't a dog show!!!! It s a charity event.

Edited by quoll