Bullmastiff Backyard Breeder?

jackie_a1

Hi Jackie, I have also spent time on gumtree and I am really disappointed in this site. So many times you see pitbulls advertised as amstaffs - god only knows where they end up, how they are treated etc. I searched to find the administrator of this site and was able to make complaints about certain ads. After doing this, some of the ads were taken off. I also replied directly to the advertisers of these "pitbulls" advising that they are a restricted breed in most states etc etc, how can you be breeding when they are restricted as they are all supposed to be desexed. Usually the advertiser takes the ad off for a while then relists with the breed of the dog/puppy changed. You can report any advertiser on these sites.

Unfortunately Pitbull owners are actively being advised to register their dog as another bull breed ie bullmastiff. amstaff etc in order to escape the legislation requirements. This is a real touchy point with me so I wont go into it - it just really annoys me that people are so selfish that they are willing to put another breed's head on the chopping block just so they dont have to follow legislation requirements.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add that whilst the bullmastiff standard calls for a black mask puppies with little to no masking do occur . I sold one( to apet home obviously) with no mask. I'm sure they probably get people telling them he is not pure because he doesn't have a mask, but I assure you he is. As for the tosser advertising he makes me sick. I can not bear to look at such sites as it makes feel ill reading all the adds, not just for my beautiful breed but for all the poor byb puppies. The amount of puppies sold on just these other sites alone is sickening and some of the things they write to advertise them makes me so wild. So I've stepped away from reading them, I can not stop it from happening, I'll just try and educate when I can.

Edited by Kaffy Magee

Thanks guys for the support.

Hey Kaffy! Well I have seen a bullmastiff without the black mask but not in real life on the net BUT the dog still looked exactly like a bullmastiff so you could tell he was a pure bred. Unlike these dogs, the black dog (not sure if it's the mother?) the black dog looks like a shar pei to me... Then the guy goes on a rant that there neos? Well advertise them as neos!?

Ravens can you keep me updated if he replies?

Hi Jackie, I have also spent time on gumtree and I am really disappointed in this site. So many times you see pitbulls advertised as amstaffs - god only knows where they end up, how they are treated etc. I searched to find the administrator of this site and was able to make complaints about certain ads. After doing this, some of the ads were taken off. I also replied directly to the advertisers of these "pitbulls" advising that they are a restricted breed in most states etc etc, how can you be breeding when they are restricted as they are all supposed to be desexed. Usually the advertiser takes the ad off for a while then relists with the breed of the dog/puppy changed. You can report any advertiser on these sites.

Unfortunately Pitbull owners are actively being advised to register their dog as another bull breed ie bullmastiff. amstaff etc in order to escape the legislation requirements. This is a real touchy point with me so I wont go into it - it just really annoys me that people are so selfish that they are willing to put another breed's head on the chopping block just so they dont have to follow legislation requirements.

I can understand that, the bullmastiff should not be anywhere near that classification (wonderful dogs). I have also on occasion taken note of where the sellers are and sent there information to the corresponding council advising the council that there is a person (giving all details of the ad) selling a restricted breed in your area - I'm sure most councils don't want that on their heads.

Hey Adnil

Good to see I'm not the only one who replies to these adds with great concern. About emailing the site owner could you pm me his/her email because there are a few adds like this one that concern me. Not to mention all the TEACUP PUPPIES! :)

Hi Jackie, try the following link - give as much info about the ad (id number etc as possible). If they cannot help you ask them to refer you to someone on the site that can - I have done this and have received responses. Good luck.

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/p-Help

Adnil.

Thanks guys for the support.

Hey Kaffy! Well I have seen a bullmastiff without the black mask but not in real life on the net BUT the dog still looked exactly like a bullmastiff so you could tell he was a pure bred. Unlike these dogs, the black dog (not sure if it's the mother?) the black dog looks like a shar pei to me... Then the guy goes on a rant that there neos? Well advertise them as neos!?

Ravens can you keep me updated if he replies?

He responded... seems the dam is a Mastiff "not pure" but the father has a black mask so that makes him a "bullmastiff". LOL He has removed the word purebred from the ad but I did email him back and ask that he advertise the puppies as a Mastiff cross bred (I hate putting a breed to it but they arent bullmastiffs) as that is what they are. Not sure if he has done it or not.

:) Black mask makes him a bullmastiff then? Well let all the stafford, pitbull, american staffords, boxers etc know that they have in fact been lied to. They are all bullmastiffs :laugh:

I feel a little bit mean the way I addressed him but then when I read over what he wrote and responded I don't feel bad because HE IS OBVIOUSLY a backyard breeder who is looking for a quick buck. Eight hundred dollars for a pup whom the owner doesn't even really know what breed she is? Or eight hundred bucks to a guy who is willing to falsely advertise his/her dogs for financial gain....

:D Black mask makes him a bullmastiff then? Well let all the stafford, pitbull, american staffords, boxers etc know that they have in fact been lied to. They are all bullmastiffs :heart:

I feel a little bit mean the way I addressed him but then when I read over what he wrote and responded I don't feel bad because HE IS OBVIOUSLY a backyard breeder who is looking for a quick buck. Eight hundred dollars for a pup whom the owner doesn't even really know what breed she is? Or eight hundred bucks to a guy who is willing to falsely advertise his/her dogs for financial gain....

I just wrote to him and stated I was a registered breeder and owner and would appreciate if he would advertise his litter correctly because if something goes wrong its the bullmastiff that gets the blame not his mastiff crosses.

Well said Raven. Not to mention that you are a registered breeder which means you have an extensive knowledge of their breed, needs, temp etc. People like this discredit the registered and pure breed community. I'm not a breeder and it makes me furious. I think there was a thread on this people selling puppies using other breeds and names false lines etc. He or she seems like a douche with no experience or knowledge let alone respect for anyone. If I knew nothing about dogs and went to him thinking I was getting a pure breed and learnt later I got ripped of because he obviously is so shotty there is no way he'd/she'd give me a refund on a puppy, or if there was a medical issue etc. Purchasing a puppy from this person is a liability waiting to happen.

Edited by jackie_a1