Advice Needed Please...puppy Apparently Dead After Illness...

Rubric

Hi Guys,

This is an extremely long post and I apologise, but please read on...

I am just after some advice from the breeders here. My dog had a litter of 10 puppies (Feb 13), 5 of which went to their new homes at 8 weeks. 2 weeks later, 4 out of the 5 puppies I still had at home contracted a severe e-coli infection. One passed away, the rest made a full recovery after a few days on a drip. The e-coli was diagnosed after a stool culture.

About 5 days ago, someone who had purchased a puppy at 8 weeks called me to say the puppy is vomiting and lethargic. I told him to take it to the vet ASAP, telling him what had happened with my puppies to reiterate the urgency needed for the dog to see the vet.

So he took it and called me on Saturday to say it will be coming home on Sunday and the vet said this puppy came from a very sick litter, blah, blah.....So, I called the vet, and of course he said he didnt say that. Also he said he doubts this puppy's illness is related to my other ones, this puppy wasnt as sick as mine but he couldnt be sure what it is exactly because the new owner wasnt prepared to pay to have a culture done.

Now this guy called me last night to say the puppy had died (which TBH IDK if I believe, why would the vet send it home on Sunday if it was still at risk or death), and telling me how devestated they are, etc.....

BUT, in the same breath, he is asking for reimbursement for the actual pedigree papers (I am still waiting on the papers from Dogs Victoria), should he not receive his them...

I am not sure what the prodecure is about the death of puppies/dogs who are registered with Dogs Victoria and I am under the assuption that because these are Amstaff puppies, he plans to use the papers with a Pitbull, but my papers will 'prove' it is an Amstaff. Why else would he want papers for a dog whom is supposedly dead ?

He finished the conversation saying Dont forget I know where you live....now I am not scared, and I do not want to supply him papers for a dead puppy, to be misued, and the vet will not tell me anything due to confidentality.

The actual papers cost like $30, so I am thinking of giving him the $30 and showing him that is the actual cost for the papers, then he will have his money back, but I will not refund any more.

This is the first time I have dealt with such a fool and I would appreicate absolutely ANY advice you have to offer.

Thank you in advance.

I think you'll find that the rules and regulations state that the papers are actually "owned" by the registering body and technically are meant to be returned to them upon the death of a dog. Of course, I'd bet pounds to peanuts that very few people actually do this, but you could try telling him that is what the rules say.

Hi Guys,

This is an extremely long post and I apologise, but please read on...

I am just after some advice from the breeders here. My dog had a litter of 10 puppies (Feb 13), 5 of which went to their new homes at 8 weeks. 2 weeks later, 4 out of the 5 puppies I still had at home contracted a severe e-coli infection. One passed away, the rest made a full recovery after a few days on a drip. The e-coli was diagnosed after a stool culture.

About 5 days ago, someone who had purchased a puppy at 8 weeks called me to say the puppy is vomiting and lethargic. I told him to take it to the vet ASAP, telling him what had happened with my puppies to reiterate the urgency needed for the dog to see the vet.

So he took it and called me on Saturday to say it will be coming home on Sunday and the vet said this puppy came from a very sick litter, blah, blah.....So, I called the vet, and of course he said he didnt say that. Also he said he doubts this puppy's illness is related to my other ones, this puppy wasnt as sick as mine but he couldnt be sure what it is exactly because the new owner wasnt prepared to pay to have a culture done.

Now this guy called me last night to say the puppy had died (which TBH IDK if I believe, why would the vet send it home on Sunday if it was still at risk or death), and telling me how devestated they are, etc.....

BUT, in the same breath, he is asking for reimbursement for the actual pedigree papers (I am still waiting on the papers from Dogs Victoria), should he not receive his them...

I am not sure what the prodecure is about the death of puppies/dogs who are registered with Dogs Victoria and I am under the assuption that because these are Amstaff puppies, he plans to use the papers with a Pitbull, but my papers will 'prove' it is an Amstaff. Why else would he want papers for a dog whom is supposedly dead ?

He finished the conversation saying Dont forget I know where you live....now I am not scared, and I do not want to supply him papers for a dead puppy, to be misued, and the vet will not tell me anything due to confidentality.

The actual papers cost like $30, so I am thinking of giving him the $30 and showing him that is the actual cost for the papers, then he will have his money back, but I will not refund any more.

This is the first time I have dealt with such a fool and I would appreicate absolutely ANY advice you have to offer.

Thank you in advance.

DO NOT GIVE HIM THE PAPERS!!!!!! He does not need them now...............you only need papers for live dogs.............he is not untitled to them now.......you also have the right to ask for the dead pup back.....no pup, no refund.

Sounds very dodgy to me.

I would just reimburse him for the cost of the papers. Do not give him the papers, as it sounds like he is up to something.

The fact that he made threats to you shows what kind of person he is.

Make sure you notify the police if you have to.