Fish Oil Tablets

frankfurts

I heard from a friend that it is good to feed your puppy fish oil tablets (good for their coat) is this true? and do i just give him regular human ones? Don't really want to be feeding him something i shouldn't be

The breeders where I got my BC puppies from both said they fed fish oil (human ones) - I tried to put it on their meal and they wouldnt eat it!!! They also fed them garlic - but same thing wouldnt eat it. Dont feed it to them whole as they could choke. Cut it and squeeze it on to their food

You can get Omega Oil as a supplement from most pet stores, Marlin gets it every day unless she is having fish. Big bottle lasts me around 6 months. Once ran out and squeezed a tablet into her food instead. Good for their coat and general health.

Canned for me
mostly canned... once in a while, I will give them fresh one (i work near a fish market).

Thanks oakeydoak1 and CW EW :rofl:. I have access to fresh also but canned is probably more convenient.

Sardines in oil for my two once a week...They love em and its a pretty cheap essential treat. My older girl also gets a whole egg from our chooks once a week...shell and all!

I have fed my dogs fish oil tablets daily for some years now. My GSDx gets two 1000mg capsules per day and the Kelpies one. I also feed tinned sardines in water twice per week. I prefer the tablets as they stay fresh. Omega 3 fatty acids are easily affected by light, air etc. and can deteriorate in the oil form.I've never had problems just adding the tablets to their food, but it would be easy to open the capsules and pour the oil over other food.

Here are some articles you might find helpful.

http://onibasu.com/archives/kn/107374.html

http://www.b-naturals.com/newsletter/essential-fatty-acids/