Bulla Autumn Extravaganza... Results :)

capanash

Guest CaptainCourageous
I love the idea of the sweepstakes but didn't like the juding format. I think that it should be one judge to judge the whole sweepstakes. You could still have the by groups format if you wish but get one judge to judge all dogs entered. For those that are not aware, the format was the group judge to judge the group sweeps. We already knew our judges opinion, we pay the extra money to enter the sweeps it would be nice to get another opinion - it could have been the same result with a different judge but it is nice going into the ring not knowing who is going to win, I think it took the fun out of the sweeps.
Rotation would have been smart. Keeping the same judge meant they were at risk of dumping a dog in the sweepstakes indoors that they had just awarded in the breed judging outside, which is a position they don't particularly welcome. The exhibitors tend to hate it too, so less enter.
... running the minors & puppies off to get best puppy was a little confusing to most exhibitors ...
After the group had started I was asked to do run-offs with the two Minors and two Puppies all in the ring. I declined, as I wanted both the Minor Of Breed and the Puppy Of Breed to be decided, and offered to instead run the best Minor against the best Puppy to determine which went on to the in-Group judging. So it was my custom system, implemented without much explanation to the exhibitors. It worked procedurally.

The adjacent ring did the 4-in run-off.

Personally, I have disliked the "Top 4" system since the Sydney Royal introduced it unilaterally several years ago. As the owner of a dog pressing for Intermediate In Show and with 6 RUBIGs this year, its use at an All Breeds show limits what my dog may be awarded and makes the show less desirable to enter.

Having said that, I'm quite happy to officiate under whatever system is used.

CC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the Club will take into account the many opinions expressed over the weekend and "streamline" things for next year...

There were quite a few "confusing" aspects which I'm sure will be improved upon....

Congratulations to the committee for trying something different.

Group 5

1st in group Puli

2nd in Group Sheltie

3rd in Group Aussie Shep

4th in group Beardie??

Baby in group Aussie Shep

Puppy In group Sheltie

Just wondering if you can tell me who the Aussie Shep's were?

Thanks.

3rd in group was Gr Ch Ellagant Rhythm N Blue PT

Baby Puppy was Pipoz Silver Lining