Bulla Autumn Extravaganza... Results :)

capanash

Seemed to be a more relaxed feel having the show run as usual today!

We had just about 40 Samoyeds entered yesterday and today and I had a really fun weekend! The weather managed to hold on for us and will hopefully rain all week until we have bathed the fluffies for next weekend. Fletcher was a BRAT yesterday and it was beyond ridiculous and embarrassing. Today he pulled himself together for RDCC which I was so happy about with so many entered. He didn't put a foot wrong, maybe I took the wrong dog in yesterday!?

GROUP 6

BIG - Alaskan Malamute - "Gambler" (Junior)

RUBIG - Samoyed - "Aussie" (Open)

Then I went home :)

Well done to all the winners this weekend :thumbsup:

Edited by Bindii

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had a great weekend. Byron was BOB both days which was great, got $1 for each breed entry today which was lovely. There were mixed feelings about the format of the show & most enjoyed being able to watch the groups, something you rarely get to do. The general feeling seemed to be that it was great to see the dogs that do well at breed level but don't always get through at group. Expecially nice for the rarer breeds that don't always do so well at group level. The committee worked hard & ran a great show. I hope people continue to support it in coming years. Given that this was the first time this format has been tried, it will only get better as they tweak it for future shows. I for one get sick of people complaining about Bulla. Whether we agree with going to Bulla or not, we are there now & I say, get on with it & stop complaining because it's not going to change anything.

Baby Puppy in Show was the Golden Retriever again, go Toby!!!! An absolutely stunning puppy!!!

Well I had a great weekend. Byron was BOB both days which was great, got $1 for each breed entry today which was lovely. There were mixed feelings about the format of the show & most enjoyed being able to watch the groups, something you rarely get to do. The general feeling seemed to be that it was great to see the dogs that do well at breed level but don't always get through at group. Expecially nice for the rarer breeds that don't always do so well at group level. The committee worked hard & ran a great show. I hope people continue to support it in coming years. Given that this was the first time this format has been tried, it will only get better as they tweak it for future shows. I for one get sick of people complaining about Bulla. Whether we agree with going to Bulla or not, we are there now & I say, get on with it & stop complaining because it's not going to change anything.

Baby Puppy in Show was the Golden Retriever again, go Toby!!!! An absolutely stunning puppy!!!

i think it just needed to be explained better somewhere... in the entries, in the gazette, in the catalogue.. just somewhere. People were still confused about what was happening until it happened (announced via loudspeakers).

I agree though, it was nice to have the running commentary on winners etc and seeing groups and breeds we don't normally get a chance to see. I absoloutely loved having Group 1,2,3 and 4. It's nice to see who would be "next," IYKWIM.

Maybe if it had have all been explained better from the start then exhibitors would have appreciated it more. Maybe next year will run more smoothly (for exhibitors) now that the idea is better understood... I'm a new exhibitor (almost my first birthday!) but i got the impression this had not been done before at a 'normal' show.

Edited by Bindii

Well I had a great weekend. Byron was BOB both days which was great, got $1 for each breed entry today which was lovely. There were mixed feelings about the format of the show & most enjoyed being able to watch the groups, something you rarely get to do. The general feeling seemed to be that it was great to see the dogs that do well at breed level but don't always get through at group. Especially nice for the rarer breeds that don't always do so well at group level. The committee worked hard & ran a great show. I hope people continue to support it in coming years. Given that this was the first time this format has been tried, it will only get better as they tweak it for future shows. I for one get sick of people complaining about Bulla. Whether we agree with going to Bulla or not, we are there now & I say, get on with it & stop complaining because it's not going to change anything.

Well said Alison. I was going to comment before but Troy might have banned me forever. :) :) ;) :):rofl::angel:

I like Bulla and it is improving all the time.

I really enjoyed being able to watch the group runoffs yesterday.

Apparently the the way the BI went is very common overseas.

Group 7 breeds were completed outside about 3pm on Saturday and group specials were done inside about 5pm.

PLUS we could not hear the PA system up our end, ech time we thought it was in use the whole area stopped talking to try to hear

what was being said.

BB

Of not much help as I don't know names, but a Whippet got Puppy in Show today.

BIS... Weim

RUBIS... Dashie

Baby... Golden Retriever

Minor... Beardie

Puppy... Whippet

can't remember anymore, lol

Group 2

BIG - Airedale

RUBIG - Staff

Baby - Staff

Minor - Border

Puppy - Staff - I think, minor and puppy could have been the other way round

Junior - Border

Inter - Wire Fox

Aus Bred - RUBIG

Open - BIG

Only one Cairn, again MM!!

I don't hate Bulla, the reason I entered this weekend was to help raise funds for the grounds, I loved the Group 1, 2, 3, 4. I'm not sure if I'd like it in full time, but for something different I think it was a great idea. I just didn't like the way it was dragged out so long. Today, having the groups judges in their own rings was much better!

They do the Group 1, 2, 3 & 4 at the Sydney Royal as well as Puppy in Group (there is only 1 puppy in group, not Group 1, 2, 3, 4) but no other classes. Then do Group 1, 2, 3 & 4 for Best in Show.

They did it last year at Sydney Kennel Club Show (I think that was the one) and there was so much bitching about it that they have gone back to the old way this year. Most of the comments were, we have to put up with it at the Sydney Royal, but we aren't prepared to put up with it at a run of the mill all breeds show, no matter how prestigious. It's nice to see that Sydney Kennel Club took this onboard and have decided to try something different again this year. They are having 4 sweepstakes broken up into 3-6 months for dogs, 3-6 months for bitches. 6-12 months for dogs and 6-12 months for bitches. It will be interesting to see how this is viewed by exhibitors.

TibbieMax got best of breed with Nima and got short listed for final runoff.

Well done Tibbiemax go the Tibbies.

She beat her breeder for BOB and the boy she beat made up his Grand today. :)

Thanks Bilbo Baggins!! Was a great day and was just wonderful being there to see Ben get his Grand :)

TibbieMax got best of breed with Nima and got short listed for final runoff.

Well done Tibbiemax go the Tibbies.

She beat her breeder for BOB and the boy she beat made up his Grand today. :)

Congratulations!

Thanks Rebanne :)

Well I certainly enjoy their Pizzas!!!! Great coffee :eek: Wine ;) and people :(

Just feel a little isolated from the other rings as a Toy exhibitor but was grateful to be indoors Saturday morning!

Well I had a great weekend. Byron was BOB both days which was great, got $1 for each breed entry today which was lovely. There were mixed feelings about the format of the show & most enjoyed being able to watch the groups, something you rarely get to do. The general feeling seemed to be that it was great to see the dogs that do well at breed level but don't always get through at group. Especially nice for the rarer breeds that don't always do so well at group level. The committee worked hard & ran a great show. I hope people continue to support it in coming years. Given that this was the first time this format has been tried, it will only get better as they tweak it for future shows. I for one get sick of people complaining about Bulla. Whether we agree with going to Bulla or not, we are there now & I say, get on with it & stop complaining because it's not going to change anything.

Well said Alison. I was going to comment before but Troy might have banned me forever. :) ;) :heart::heart::( ;)

I like Bulla and it is improving all the time.

I really enjoyed being able to watch the group runoffs yesterday.

Apparently the the way the BI went is very common overseas.

I am a fan of Bulla, and in time it will be as good if not better than KCC park, many people forget how bad the park really was prior to its improvements ;)

I was super excited about this weekend, only to find out I had to work Sunday ;) .

In regards to the Group format I thought it was a nice change 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th - very much like overseas, Congratulations to all winners too. I don't believe it was very well explained in the gazette and running the minors & puppies off to get best puppy was a little confusing to most exhibitors, but a nice change to watch all the best in groups and announcements... Great for the general public if in attendance to get to know the different breeds.

I love the idea of the sweepstakes but didn't like the juding format. I think that it should be one judge to judge the whole sweepstakes. You could still have the by groups format if you wish but get one judge to judge all dogs entered. For those that are not aware, the format was the group judge to judge the group sweeps. We already knew our judges opinion, we pay the extra money to enter the sweeps it would be nice to get another opinion - it could have been the same result with a different judge but it is nice going into the ring not knowing who is going to win, I think it took the fun out of the sweeps.

Overall great to see Bulla is improving every time we visit, I had a big smile on my face when pushing my trolley to my gazebo... allot easier.

Of not much help as I don't know names, but a Whippet got Puppy in Show today.

BIS... Weim

RUBIS... Dashie

Baby... Golden Retriever

Minor... Beardie

Puppy... Whippet

can't remember anymore, lol

I enjoyed watching best in show on Sunday ,The way young Emily Marshall ran with the Weimaraner and how proud was she when she got best in show with the dog .I know her grandmother was doing the stacking but young Em's leggs were doing the hard work .Well done guys.