Shedding

Alfie02

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My almost 1 yo Aussie Shepherd seems to shed fairly constantly - it's a competition in our house who can shed more hair to gum up the vacuum cleaner, Annie or myself! I rub the carpet with my shoes and wads of our combined hair appear (as our carpet is kind of greyish/brown, perfect for hiding hair!)

Seems that the Aussies seems to fall into two categories, constant shedders like mine, or twice a year as a major coat drop. Wonder if the sleeping/living inside does have something to do with it? Mine is inside with me almost 24/7.

Amstaff here, constant shedder but very small white hairs. I could never get the clumps of hair that a lot of the pics have. Is an issue if you wear black, which I do alot, but it soon brushes off. Not a real issue, makes me think how I would cope with some of the other stories. I think it would drive me nuts, I will have to think about that when I get another dog :thumbsup:

We have constant shedding here, but also full loss of undercoat about twice a year.

I've posted this pic on DOL before, but it's funny!

Dakota and her 'new friend'

13092008.jpg

and a more recent effort...

P2200018.jpg

My almost 1 yo Aussie Shepherd seems to shed fairly constantly - it's a competition in our house who can shed more hair to gum up the vacuum cleaner, Annie or myself! I rub the carpet with my shoes and wads of our combined hair appear (as our carpet is kind of greyish/brown, perfect for hiding hair!)

Seems that the Aussies seems to fall into two categories, constant shedders like mine, or twice a year as a major coat drop. Wonder if the sleeping/living inside does have something to do with it? Mine is inside with me almost 24/7.

Definitely makes a difference, mine used to sleep on the bed with us but after a few mornings while she was blowing coat, waking up with hair in our eyes, mouths and nose, she was banished to the lounge.....it's made a BIG difference :)

I do the shoe along the rug thing too :eek:

Georgia (dalmatian) sheds a lot but it is short so not too bad.

The only problem is the barbs that get stuck in everything making it difficult to remove just by vacuuming. Since we have had floor boards laid throughout the house it has been much better. The car and clothing are another story though. :)

I've never actually noticed J. shedding until he was up on the white vet's table this arvo - he was there for only a few minutes before I noted him lying on a light carpet of black hair.

Peculiarly, have never noticed his hair around the house - even on carpet! Just reading all the other labrador hair woes in this thread has me veeeery worried for as he gets older :)