A Sight That Gladdened My Heart

There's a regular at a pub I go to who brings in his guide dog all the time.

The handler is rather cheeky and flirtatious with other patrons and staff too.

It cracked me up when he said one night "Me? Oh I'm closely supervised, I can't be toooo cheeky, then again, lucky me old mate can't talk!" and nodded at his guide dog. :cheer:

hahahaha good giggle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article today is very on topic http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=197433

I hope the Health Department goes over their kitchen with the biggest magnifying glass ever !! Gadget is probably cleaner than most of the people in the restaurant, both working and dining. Yerrss, great big sweeping generalisation, but just showing my aggravation that these things happen.

That said, how often do you see people in those black and white checked outfits and they are FILTHY !

Can someone please post something that will restore the pleasure I was feeling when I started this thread :provoke::)

We have a regular client at Dad's salon who brings her guide dog in with her. Lucy (the dog) is adorable, and loves her tummy rubs when she's 'off duty'. The owner told us a funny story about how once Lucy sulked because she had forgotten to take her treats with her, so when they got to their destination Lucy had the grumps when she didn't get her treat. :champagne: I don't know whether that is usual practice or whether Lucy is a bit spoiled...

Lucy is semi retired now because she's ten. Apparently guide dogs normally only work until they are 8 and Lucy worked right up to about two months ago so she did really well. They were a bit worried about how she'd take to her replacement but to their surprise, Lucy seemed relieved to hand the job over. Poor girl must have been getting tired.

Did you all know that once they're retired, they lose all guide dog privileges?

A lady with a couple of friends . . . . . and her GUIDE DOG!! Right inside the restaurant.

:champagne: to the owner. There is an outside area, but the weather has been filthy for days.

I was in Hornsby and spotted a Guide Dog plus owner in a Cafe. I remember thinking "Hey that's cool". :provoke: