Working With Hanrob And Animals

Hi

I did work experience at Hanrob in Heathcote for a week and i really enjoyed it and i really want to work there now,

I was wondering if anyone here had worked there or a similar place before and wanted to know if there are any minimum requirements that i need to work there e.g. Dog handling/Training courses

And if it helps i am 16 and live in heathcote

Hi

I did work experience at Hanrob in Heathcote for a week and i really enjoyed it and i really want to work there now,

I was wondering if anyone here had worked there or a similar place before and wanted to know if there are any minimum requirements that i need to work there e.g. Dog handling/Training courses

And if it helps i am 16 and live in heathcote

Bravo being a young person with a desire to work. It is wonderful to find something that you want to do, many of us go our whole lives before we "click" into something that makes us happy.

My first advice would be to finish school. Talk to Hanrob and explain how much you enjoyed working there, how you'd like to make a career in (whatever it is that Hanrob do), and ask their advice. Maybe even take some part time work there. You could possibly do some sort of school based traineeship. But stay at school.

Take the time now to finish school, because that will give you so many more choices later in your life. If you leave school now, you really limit the avenues open to you in the future.

Sorry if my assumption about you not having finished school is incorrect. I wasn't finished school when I was 16, I still had another 2 years to go.

Good luck with it!

About 6 years ago I emailed Hanrob saying I was interested in work etc. There wasnt anything available at that time, but came back to me about 5 months later saying some positions were opening if I wanted to go in for a interview - I had no formal training, but had a fair bit of experience around animals.

Id definately be sending them your resume saying your interested in work - if you did work experience there then thats a really good start.

When we were doing dock diving training I asked the head trainer from Hanrob if you need qualifications to get a job there and he said no, they prefer to start with a blank slate. They train you.

When we were doing dock diving training I asked the head trainer from Hanrob if you need qualifications to get a job there and he said no, they prefer to start with a blank slate. They train you.

Thanks Everyone was very useful information and i am leaving school this year doing carpentry apprenticeship as a backup plan incase my animal career fails