Looking For Honest Reviews

Parkeyre

PetSafe Dog Enclosure - Small Square Kennel Run

PetSafe-75754-DIY-Box-Kennel-Full.jpg

What do you think of the runs?

Was it hard to put up?

Is anything broken/not fitting right etc?

Are you happy with it?

Would you buy another?

Further Comment?

I don't know anyone who has them, and I'm looking to get actual runs, rather then wire mesh dividing the kennel areas.

Edited by Bonnie Parker

PetSafe Dog Enclosure - Small Square Kennel Run

PetSafe-75754-DIY-Box-Kennel-Full.jpg

What do you think of the runs?

Was it hard to put up?

Is anything broken/not fitting right etc?

Are you happy with it?

Would you buy another?

Further Comment?

I don't know anyone who has them, and I'm looking to get actual runs, rather then wire mesh dividing the kennel areas.

I have bought two of these:

What do you think of the runs? They are pretty good and sturdy - I've had mine for about 2 years. Don't leave them on the ground like in the picture or they'll go rusty......

Was it hard to put up? The frame is easy but the chainwire is not so easy - I'd definately recommend at least 2 people to do this part. Also, sometimes the links in the chain wire aren't right so you need to fiddle with it to get it all aligned - this can be tedious.

Is anything broken/not fitting right etc? No - it was all in good order. The only issue was the problem with the chain wire above and also, they provide metal "ties" to secure the chain wire to the frame which are as weak as, it's better to go get a roll of fencing wire from Bunnings and use that instead.

Are you happy with it? Yes, mine have worked well.

Would you buy another? No - to be honest, apart from the convenience of the gate in them, you could set up a better run using some second hand weldmesh fence panels, star pickets, an old gate and wire to hold it all together.

Further comments? None really - there are a lot of options out there so I'd make sure I looked at a few and then make a decision based on that.

Good luck :thumbsup:

THanks for your thoughts ladies.. :)

Any other suggestions?

Ladies?!?!?!? Now hang on a minute....... :eek:

Are you looking for a portable or a fixed option. I'm soon moving to a new house and want to set up a fairly permanent run for my dogs.

I've had a look at a few of the modular options and the option I think I'm going to go with it to have a pergola built and then fence in around it - the price will probably be the same as a modular dog run. I figure that by doing this, if i move, all the fencing stuff can be pulled off and it's just a pergola that maybe new people would find more useful than a dog run - lol.

THanks for your thoughts ladies.. :)

Any other suggestions?

Ladies?!?!?!? Now hang on a minute....... :eek:

Are you looking for a portable or a fixed option. I'm soon moving to a new house and want to set up a fairly permanent run for my dogs.

I've had a look at a few of the modular options and the option I think I'm going to go with it to have a pergola built and then fence in around it - the price will probably be the same as a modular dog run. I figure that by doing this, if i move, all the fencing stuff can be pulled off and it's just a pergola that maybe new people would find more useful than a dog run - lol.

My apologies :(

I'd really like to have seperate runs, so when my bitch comes into season she isn't locked inside all day, and by having more then one run; my boy wont link with her through the fencing. I've got a handmade welded run seperated into two that the dogs sleep in, but I'd like runs that can flush against my fence without actually attaching to anything structually.