Ai Recommendations

The Ark

Hello all,

We are looking at having our first AI litter later in the year, and are a bit torn as to who we will use for the testing/insemination.

Frozen Puppies have handled the importation of the semen, and it is currently stored with them. As we are in the Newcastle region we have the option of either continuing with Frozen Puppies and having the testing/insemination done there, or transferring the semen to Belmont Animal Hospital to have the testing/procedure done there.

Can anyone with recent experience with the above facilities (ie. in the past 2 months specifically, due to personnel changes) please let us know your results (by PM if preferred)?

Thank you! :)

I would use a Vet who has the numbers so to speak. One who has great sucess with frozen implantations, timing is everything. There are many who can and will do frozen implants, but not all have the continued success that others seem to have. I would be asking the greyhound people as the majority of breedings these days is done by frozen and they are quick to circulate this information in regards to successfull litters resulting from frozen AI. JMHO.

Frozen puppies are the best on the Central Coast/Newcastle area...

High Success rate and very good!!

I know a few people that have used them and are very satisfied with the results, plus should i need to do an AI with my dogs they are top of my list :)

I have used Frozenpuppies, Quakers Hill Vet and Bowral, with good success for each:

Frozenpuppies: 1 x 5 puppies

Bowral: 1 x 4 puppies

Quakers Hill: 1 x6 puppies, 1 x 7 puppies

Whilst I found all of them good and they have not missed one yet, I will continue to go to Quakers Hill for my AI as I have a good rapport with them, they are excellent with communication, they know what they are doing and are very particular about getting it right. Matt and Blair both do the frozen insemination and both are excellent at what they do. It's a shame I have moved and we are so far away now. :confused:

Hope this helps :laugh: