6 Weeks Old

Guest english.ivy

Guest belgian.blue

Was the age of a German Shep puppy I saw in a shopping trolley at Better Pets and Gardens today [they don't sell puppies/kittens].

My mum is a sucker for animals and she went up to the new owners, questioning and found out age etc. Just came from the breeder and he is 6 weeks old :( His hocks were at such a bad angle [close to a right angle] and the poor mite was whinging from being in the cold trolley. No blankets.

Though the owners seemed to not be short of money so I hope I'm sure they will care for him, they were buying prem dry food and a crate/play pen. Just from me being a sticky beak and looking at what was in their other trolley.

I felt really ill after seeing him :wave: He looked healthy, had good lungs on him and was holding his balance really well for a young little man.

Just had to vent.

Edited by belgian.blue

Guest belgian.blue
'The breeder' to most people I know refers to anyone who breeds a litter of purebred pupss, not just registered breeder.

Yeah that is why I wrote it in italics :bottom: Any reg breeder would not allow a puppy to leave the litter at 6 weeks of age.

Guest belgian.blue
Ah, I see, sorry. I read it as being upset that even a breeder would do the wrong thing.

Hehe all good :rofl:

See it all the time from dodgy BYB :bottom:

First time I've really seen it and it shocked me. Had to come home and snuggle Badger that little bit mre.

I rang a dickhead in Melbourne last week trying to offload their Black and white GSD's Last week at 5 weeks old. Then there was more phonecalls :rofl:

Have a good outcome? Black and white GSD?

Ah, I see, sorry. I read it as being upset that even a breeder would do the wrong thing.

First time I've really seen it and it shocked me. Had to come home and snuggle Badger that little bit mre.

I rang a dickhead in Melbourne last week trying to offload their Black and white GSD's Last week at 5 weeks old. Then there was more phonecalls :rofl:

No, they produced 2 coat colours from lots of different parents.

Edited by Chewbacca

Guest belgian.blue

No, they produced 2 coat colours from lots of different parents.

Ahhh I get you now, hehe .. excuse my slowness this evening :cheer:

Was the age of a German Shep puppy I saw in a shopping trolley at Better Pets and Gardens today [they don't sell pets].

Our BP&G sells fish :bottom: - fish are pets too ('cept marron - they're for good eating) :rofl::rofl:

Guest belgian.blue
5&1/2 week old Rottweiler pup at the Vet the other day :rofl: . The owners left in a huff when the Vet said it was too young to vaccinate :rofl: .

:bottom: As confirmed in a previous thread, some humans are ..

Guest belgian.blue
Was the age of a German Shep puppy I saw in a shopping trolley at Better Pets and Gardens today [they don't sell pets].

Our BP&G sells fish :bottom: - fish are pets too ('cept marron - they're for good eating) :rofl::rofl:

True, very true.

Edited my first post just for you JoLu :cheer:

At my puppy school there is a rotty pup with a docked tail!!?? Are there any registered breeders who still dock? I am aware it is illegal and don't know why a breeder would do this. There is no bob-tail gene for rottweilers is there?

Our BP&G sells fish :bottom: - fish are pets too ('cept marron - they're for good eating) :cheer::rofl:

True, very true.

Edited my first post just for you JoLu :o

:rofl:

At my puppy school there is a rotty pup with a docked tail!!?? Are there any registered breeders who still dock? I am aware it is illegal and don't know why a breeder would do this. There is no bob-tail gene for rottweilers is there?

I don't know if it's illegal or not here (but I read somewhere it was effective this year? Not sure) but it's still legal in other countries, maybe they had him/her imported or something. Seems like a long-shot, I know! :bottom:

It may have been performed in WA as the complete ban there has only been brought in very recently. And there is a bob tail gene in Rotties but don't know how common it is in the breed.

Or it may have had a badly formed tail at birth, or broke it or anything. Many possibly reasons for a short tail.

Some people don't know you shouldn't get a pup that young...and some breeders probably don't know either - especially ones who are just trying to make a quick buck.

My first ever dog I got after I left home was when I was 17 (not counting the ones I grew up with) and she was 5 weeks old. I had no idea they shouldn't go before then. We did have a couple of issues, especially with her bite inhibition - or lack of it but otherwise she was my special girl for 12 years until last year. Just to make it clear, I don't think pups should go before 8 weeks now (not sure what the proper age is - I know some people prefer 10 weeks) but back then, I had no idea that was recommended or good for them. In NZ they made it illegal I think year before last to remove a pup under 8 weeks from its mother (and kits too)

Guest belgian.blue
Some people don't know you shouldn't get a pup that young...and some breeders probably don't know either - especially ones who are just trying to make a quick buck.

My first ever dog I got after I left home was when I was 17 (not counting the ones I grew up with) and she was 5 weeks old. I had no idea they shouldn't go before then. We did have a couple of issues, especially with her bite inhibition - or lack of it but otherwise she was my special girl for 12 years until last year. Just to make it clear, I don't think pups should go before 8 weeks now (not sure what the proper age is - I know some people prefer 10 weeks) but back then, I had no idea that was recommended or good for them. In NZ they made it illegal I think year before last to remove a pup under 8 weeks from its mother (and kits too)

Wish they would do that here in Australia. But hard to monitor I guess.