Learning To Use The Doggy Door

Kirislin

Bianca took quite a long time really. Ours has a heavy flex plastic flap, and she refused to use it. In the end, I taped it up, and taped on a tea towel. That was ok after awhile, so we graduated to a much thinner clear plastic. That took a few days, but the jump to the heavy plastic took quite a while. She got there in the end, but she still tiptoes thru it like it's going to bite her.

Unlike son's dog who, when she's visiting, goes thru the door in mid air. BANG!

EFS.

Edited by greytdog

Well, it took a couple of weeks for all of mine to get the hang of the doggy door but now they have it's wonderful. For the last 25 years I've had to get up several, sometimes many times during the night to let dogs in and out for toilet breaks, even though I'd make sure they all went last thing before bed. It's been worst since I have 5 dogs. Sometimes I'd be up 6 or 7 times a night and even then still wake up to accidents in the hallway. Nursing mothers only have to put up with interrupted sleep for a year or so but I've done it for a quarter of a century. Now finally my dogs all use the doggy door and I can sleep! It's amazing!

Oh, that sounds wonderful! Reading your post makes me clearer that I am destined for living in a house rather than a flat...for a lifestyle with doggies! Enjoy!

I have just a cat (A cat flap with out the flap) Thanks to the Kelpiex who used to fit in it but can only get her head in it) My rescue JRT for only a week he is using it beautifuly and so is that damn Chook!!!!