Litters Due July 2010

Partipaws

Well over the last 2 days one of my girls has been sick, she has ended up with abcessed anal

glands both have popped and she is now on 2 antibiotics and not very happy. I have never

had this happen before and for it to be one of my pregnant girls I am very unhappy the

vet said the pups will be fine but it is still a worry. :laugh:

Oooh thats sounds nasty ..is this common with your breed ?? Luckily I have never had any anal gland problem ever .".touches wood" My Tameeka is getting very very sooky ..can't sit down without her wanting the lap cuddle :thumbsup: Can always imagine one day one of my girls will whelp right in my lap :thumbsup:

My girl who is due soon would not whelp till I got in the whelping box with her last time! She was buggered by pup 5 and was literally in my lap for the last couple!! Lucky I'm not too bothered by the mess, and luckily it was a night time whelping and my young-uns were asleep. :thumbsup:

Natz, hope your girl gets better soon.

So far have not had a baby quite in my lap ..we whelp on the spare bed..they lean against me for comfort ..yes among the mess ...I do the full on help with the pups . Mums are happy to go into whelping box when it is all over ..I stay to sleep out with them for at least a week

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Tameeka is getting very very sooky ..can't sit down without her wanting the lap cuddle :thumbsup: Can always imagine one day one of my girls will whelp right in my lap :thumbsup:
My girl who is due soon would not whelp till I got in the whelping box with her last time! She was buggered by pup 5 and was literally in my lap for the last couple!! Lucky I'm not too bothered by the mess, and luckily it was a night time whelping and my young-uns were asleep. :thumbsup:

My girl is like this aswell, last time i had to sit in the box with her all day with her sitting in my lap (imagine an amstaff here, but this isn't unusual for my sookie girl), she wouldn't let me leave, after she finally whelped the bean bag just outside the box was my makeshift bed lol

Looking just a tad pregnant here at around 40 days.

post-5707-1277452739_thumb.jpg

My Tameeka is getting very very sooky ..can't sit down without her wanting the lap cuddle :cool: Can always imagine one day one of my girls will whelp right in my lap :rofl:
My girl who is due soon would not whelp till I got in the whelping box with her last time! She was buggered by pup 5 and was literally in my lap for the last couple!! Lucky I'm not too bothered by the mess, and luckily it was a night time whelping and my young-uns were asleep. :eek:

My girl is like this aswell, last time i had to sit in the box with her all day with her sitting in my lap (imagine an amstaff here, but this isn't unusual for my sookie girl), she wouldn't let me leave, after she finally whelped the bean bag just outside the box was my makeshift bed lol

Had a good laugh imagining you sitting with such a big girl on your lap having pups :hug::laugh: bit bigger than my toy poodles

thanks, one of these girls was the same she had her litter next to me in the lounge

room and everytime I wanted to do anything she wanted to follow me, it lasted about

2 weeks and I hope it doesnt happen again because we ended up with an over stressed

bitch and lost a pup.She is very much a Mummies girl and no one else will do.

Sorry to hear that things have not being going all too well for your girl!

Hope she makes a speedy recovery and all goes well from now onwards!

jess

Amstaff_Ambition I can only imagine how big your girl is going to get as time nears - she is looking rather preggy already :eek:

I have a boxer boy who use to love sitting on our laps as a pup - now he is huge and still thinks he can fit in our laps!! :cool: so I am imagining this right now in trying to imagine your whelping experiences with a sookie staffy - LOL

I am not too sure what to expect with this girl - my last girl I had since a pup so she was a real sook when it came to being pregnant and whelping - though she always was a mummies girl.....

My other girl Teena who is expecting, I have not owned her very long - she came from another breeder late last year as a brood girl - but I have to say she is a sweet little thing and fitted in straight away, she loves company and is like a little shadow. I expect that she will be retired shortly from breeding, but stay here to live out the rest of her years - I am really quite fond of her!

My Tameeka is getting very very sooky ..can't sit down without her wanting the lap cuddle :cool: Can always imagine one day one of my girls will whelp right in my lap :hug:
My girl who is due soon would not whelp till I got in the whelping box with her last time! She was buggered by pup 5 and was literally in my lap for the last couple!! Lucky I'm not too bothered by the mess, and luckily it was a night time whelping and my young-uns were asleep. :eek:

Had a good laugh imagining you sitting with such a big girl on your lap having pups :hug::rofl: bit bigger than my toy poodles

Not so laughable when its a 35 kg Labrador in your lap!!! :)

These posts are bringing back memories....I remember sitting in the whelping box, amongst all the mess, with a cushion behind my head sleeping against the wall between the last couple of puppies. Ended up with an hours sleep, then had to get kids up for school. Aaahhh, the memories.

I also spend a couple of weeks sleeping beside them. Not that I get much sleep with the way my girl snores. :laugh:

My Tameeka is getting very very sooky ..can't sit down without her wanting the lap cuddle :eek: Can always imagine one day one of my girls will whelp right in my lap :hug:
My girl who is due soon would not whelp till I got in the whelping box with her last time! She was buggered by pup 5 and was literally in my lap for the last couple!! Lucky I'm not too bothered by the mess, and luckily it was a night time whelping and my young-uns were asleep. :laugh:

Had a good laugh imagining you sitting with such a big girl on your lap having pups :):hug: bit bigger than my toy poodles

Not so laughable when its a 35 kg Labrador in your lap!!! :)

These posts are bringing back memories....I remember sitting in the whelping box, amongst all the mess, with a cushion behind my head sleeping against the wall between the last couple of puppies. Ended up with an hours sleep, then had to get kids up for school. Aaahhh, the memories.

I also spend a couple of weeks sleeping beside them. Not that I get much sleep with the way my girl snores. :rofl:

HAHA - oh dear - Hope you cleaned yourself up before you took the kids to school - LOL - that would have been a great look :cool:

mmm, sleepless nights - geeze I am looking forward to that again!!

heya Je2910!

Thank you for that!

I know, isn't July creeping up on us - only around 2 weeks till my girl is due!! I am in a mad rush to organise everything! We just bought a new place around a month and a half ago and due to work commitments and everything else we are still unpacking things, so I am hurrying around finding my whelping things - getting the whelping box and area ready for my girl!!! I feel so un-organised! :rofl:

Thank you for the well wishes as well :laugh:

All the best again.

Jess xo

I'm feeling rather unorganised too!

My eldest is having an 8th birthday sleepover next weekend, so fingers crossed that Faith doesn't decide to go early at the party. :cool:

We are also planning on putting the whelping box in a different room as we have reno'd the dining room where we normally keep the pups, and OH isn't too keen on getting our new shiny floorboards all scratched up...wouldn't be much grip for for doggy paws anyway. I'm hoping the whelping box will fit in the other room as we got a little carried away and built one which would fit a Dane. :eek: Better get myself sorted this weekend methinks. :hug:

heya Je2910!

Thank you for that!

I know, isn't July creeping up on us - only around 2 weeks till my girl is due!! I am in a mad rush to organise everything! We just bought a new place around a month and a half ago and due to work commitments and everything else we are still unpacking things, so I am hurrying around finding my whelping things - getting the whelping box and area ready for my girl!!! I feel so un-organised! :)

Thank you for the well wishes as well :(

All the best again.

Jess xo

I'm feeling rather unorganised too!

My eldest is having an 8th birthday sleepover next weekend, so fingers crossed that Faith doesn't decide to go early at the party. :)

We are also planning on putting the whelping box in a different room as we have reno'd the dining room where we normally keep the pups, and OH isn't too keen on getting our new shiny floorboards all scratched up...wouldn't be much grip for for doggy paws anyway. I'm hoping the whelping box will fit in the other room as we got a little carried away and built one which would fit a Dane. :o Better get myself sorted this weekend methinks. :D

HAHA sounds so much like us - I put in an order for a whelping box and I got two in one - so-to-speak - OH got carried away and built a whelping box which is probably more suitable for a medium sized breed or bigger - not for a tiny pom!! lol - but once we started using it I think it is probably not too bad - Mum can get enough room away from pups without having to leave the box, so can still keep a close eye on them!

Yes all is changed here too, but not due to reno's - we have just moved into this house around a month and a half ago, so we have been scratching our heads as to where to set up the whelping box - first thought was laundry because Teena is a climber and an agile escape artist - she came to us like this and has calmed down a hell of a lot, but as soon as you crate her or pen her she gets into action at trying to escape to get to us! So at least she is not escaping to get out on the road or anything ;)

I got home yesterday afternoon and got all inspired and cleaned and disinfected the whelping box, got it set up in laundry - luckily it fits perfectly and there is no means for teena to climb or escape so the laundry is quite perfect! Nice quite part of the house and right next door to my work room come art studio! So mid next week I have planned my work to be at home for the next 2-3 weeks, so I am right there to keep an eye on things!

So we are slowly getting organised now, spending the rest of today getting all the whelping things together etc!

Jess

Isn't it always the way that the party's on the weekend tend to bring on the labor - LOL!

My friend 10 mins away has cocker spaniels! Her son had a birthday on the sunday about 2-3 weeks ago and the girl was not due until Wednesday onwards - She new there was a chance she would come early, but was hoping she would hold off! she came into labor as soon as people started arriving - LOL!

I was at a dog show, but had she phoned me I would have rushed back to help her!!!

She had 4 reds, 2 black and tans and 1 black - I am dying to see the black and tans - lovely :)

Lets see who else is expecting litters during this chilly yet cheerful month of winter - it is of course Christmas in July and it appears this is a trend I am following as my last litter was in christmas of december - lol - I have been waiting for someone to start up the july litters, so I hope there are a few of us out there - so lets hear those of you who are expecting some exciting litters for the month of July!!!!

I did a mating on the first week of May with my black parti factored girl and my black and white parti boy - She was scanned today and confirmed pregnant so I am just over the moon! :cry:

PLANNED LITTERS, CONFIRMATION WITH APPROX DUE DATES-----------

-AUSVARG - Finnish Lapphund - CONFIRMED - 3rd-4th of July

-BORDACOLLIES4ME - Border Collies - CONFIRMED - due 6th of July

-PARTIPAWS - pomeranians - CONFIRMED - due 7th of July

-JE2910 - Labradors - CONFIRMED - due 9th of July

-REDKIDSMUM - Toy Poodles - CONFIRMED - due 10th of July

-NATZBRATZ - Chihuahuas - 2 litters - CONFIRMED - both due 12th of July

-MYSQL - Australian Shepherd - CONFIRMED - due 14th of July

-YYSUR - Havanese - CONFIRMED - due 14th of July

-SILVERBLUE - Cocker Spaniels - CONFIRMED - due 15th of July

-AMSTAFF_AMBITION - Am Staffs - CONFIRMED - due July 17th

KARLMORE Labs due 30th

Isn't it always the way that the party's on the weekend tend to bring on the labor - LOL!

My friend 10 mins away has cocker spaniels! Her son had a birthday on the sunday about 2-3 weeks ago and the girl was not due until Wednesday onwards - She new there was a chance she would come early, but was hoping she would hold off! she came into labor as soon as people started arriving - LOL!

I was at a dog show, but had she phoned me I would have rushed back to help her!!!

She had 4 reds, 2 black and tans and 1 black - I am dying to see the black and tans - lovely :cry:

Oh don't tell me that!!!

I have calculated Faith for 60 days as thats what she did last time, so she really shouldn't go 3 - 4 days before that!! And OH will be on night shift all weekend too. :cry: I suppose at least I'll have 6 little girls to babysit my 1 & 4 yr old (human kids) if it does happen. ;)

....she is rather large and uncomfortable already though... Find out Thurs how many she has in there. :)

How cute, little cocker puppies. :cry: Maybe the bitch heard puppy time instead of party time!!

Faith is an escape artist too...but the other dogs make such a noise if she escapes that she has never gotten far. (She can climb 7 ft fences!!! ;) )

I too have calculated 60 days as this is Teena's 3rd litter and she has come around day 60-61 - I should change the date to more the 3rd of July - as now that we are getting close I am starting to think that she may not be that far off now. She is getting quite tired and nesting and just noticed discharge today (creamy colour) and she looks a little more swollen/pronounced around the vulva. She is still chowing down her food, so still think we have time to go... but I decided to stay home this week and work from home just to be sure as I have not had a litter from this girl before so I am learning how she does things - if it was my other girl then I would be able to read her like a book.

I really hope your girl holds off for you in time to get the party out of the way - just keep it quite when you start saying party time as you don't want to confuse her with "puppy time" LOL

Yes Teena, the black blob of the size of a basket ball will hurl over a 6-7 foot chain mesh fence - seen her do it many times at the other breeders place - Timber fences she can't get her footing or claws into so she is pretty confined here, but like I said as soon as she is out with everyone else and us she is happy and content - try confining her for some quite time and she will try and escape to get to company! She has calmed down a lot since moving here - and now she is too fat and pregnant to be bothered - LOL

Well the month of July is looming in quickly! Another 2 days to be exact!

So thought I would get this in before any ones girls decide to go into labor early!

:love: Wishing everyone the very best with their coming litters.

Hoping that everyone experiences complication free and safe deliveries of healthy happy puppies and equally healthy happy mums! :laugh:

First off the ranks AUSVARG due the 3rd-4th of July and BORDACOLLIES4ME due the 6th of July - wishing you both all the very best with it all!

We are all very much looking forward to hearing your news and updates from now onwards :D

Good luck to all :eat:

Jessica xo

thanks Partipaws.. best of luck with your girl too...

well here is the expectant mother with 9 days to go... pics do not do justice to just how big she is...

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

no problems at all :)

mum-to-be looks like she is coping well - am she has that pregnancy glow lol :love:

all the best

jess

Here are some pics of Scribble, she is very fat and very uncomfortable. :)

Poor darling. :laugh:

post-17161-1277728233_thumb.jpgpost-13-1127275818.jpg

woo hoo now that is a big belly - poor little darling :love: she is definitely about to pop soon!

All the best to you and your girl!

jess

I am afraid I have never really used photo bucket - and I am pretty sure it wont like me either :D lol

I just use the attachments on this forum - but the downfall to that is you have to keep within 200mg which is hard if you want to attach more then 1 or 2 pics!

I resize all mine on photoshop using the "save for web" much easier, keeps pics big enough to view size wise, keeps them clear as well.

sorry I can not be of any help.

Update on Teena - Just checked my girl again, she is getting more and more quite these past few days - she has been eating really well, but this morning has only really picked at her food which is very unlike her - she LOVES her fresh mince, sardines, cheese and yogurt and chows it down in seconds, this morning not much of it has been touched - also noticed a fair amount of mucus (clear/cream clots) - I am starting to think that our slip matings may have been successful in the early stages of the matings - leads me to think she might be coming a lot earlier then first expected??? I estimated the 6th going off her 3rd mating as an average to go off with a few days prior - but noted in my diary the very earliest she could go which would be around the 1st of July and I guess factoring in that this is her 3rd litter but first with me.... luckily I had planned to be at home starting Monday just in case she did decide to come early as I just don't know with her - wish I could get through to her previous owner to find out more - I know she does tend to have larger then average litters for a pom, around 4 pups!

Anyway I guess we will just wait and see.

Jess.