Noisy, Squeaky Tummy

Sheridan

What do people do when their dog/s have a gurgling, squeaky (and loud!) tummy with grass eating thrown in. Do they feed their dog/s a normal meal or wait until the tummy has ceased to be deafening?

I've only heard the noises from Boo once when he ate some egg shell and it did not agree with him, I just gave him some bland food to help settle his stomach, I figured(and I could well be wrong) that by the time it's making all those squeaky noises it's passed the stomach and some funky gas is working it's way through to the other end :) so something easy on the tum might help the process along a bit.

I would give them a smaller bland meal and see what happens! If an explosive bum happens, then of course off food. Mine never have a tummy like that unless they have a problem, so I always go a small bland meal.

I had this with my IG before his Inflammatory Bowel Disease was diagnosed, you could hear it from the next room.

I starved him for 24 hrs and then started on rice / chicken, that wsa the vet's advice although it was actually no good for him as IBD is a protein problem. He rarely got an attack once he went on the special Hills diet.