Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ,new Syringomyelia Information

bet hargreaves

There has now been announced New Exciting Research Information about Syringomyelia in the Cavalier Breed at

http://tinyurl.com/35lem9e

It states that the Canadian and Dr C Rusbridge, Neurologist's Genome Research on Syringomyelia in Cavaliers ,have Identified an Area on the Cavalier Genome that is Highly Likely to be the Genetic Site for Syringomyelia ,not just CM,but Specifically Syringomyelia.

That this area is unaffected in Clear Dogs

Bet Hargreaves

Interesting, not that I understand it fully.

A few years ago I googled about it, and thought Joey had some of the symptoms described. I think I was just being paranoid at the time. He hasn't shown any other signs since then, and he's now 6.

What is CM Miss B??

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Interesting, not that I understand it fully.

A few years ago I googled about it, and thought Joey had some of the symptoms described. I think I was just being paranoid at the time. He hasn't shown any other signs since then, and he's now 6.

What is CM Miss B??

Chiari-like Malformation, or COMS (Caudal Occipital Malformation Syndrome). Basically the hole in the base of his skull is too small, and part of his brain is pushing through. Not very technical, but that's the best way I can think of to explain it :thumbsup: