Changing Food

tlc

I do feed super premium and bones. I feed twice a day. 1 meal is bones, other is super premium. I also feed sardines and the odd can of Natures Gift or some 4 Leggs. Currently using Eagle Pack but do think the dogs do better on Pro Plan.

I would swap the Super Coat for Eagle Pack and gradually increase the kibble and cut down on the meat/veggies. They may not be impressed with kibble after yummy meat/veg!

Are you cooking the meat/veggies in a stew? If you are you could try feeding it raw which will obviously cut down on cooking. I used a juicer for my veggies when I did BARF. You give them the juice and the pulp.

I practically do what JulesP does. Just that I use Artemis instead of EaglePack.

x 2 I chose Artemis because it is gluten free.. and dogs prone to ear/yeast issues do better without gluten IMO.

How does Nutro and Artemis compare price wise to Eagle Pack?? Say for a 15 kilo quantity? The Natural EP is around $110 for 15 kilo

Artemis Fresh Mix (adult food) is $108 for 13.6 kg from Pookinuk.

ETA: For a more active dog, the Artemis Power is the way to go. :thumbsup:

Edited by poodlefan

Thanks Guys, it seems that the most premium dog foods are all around a similar price point. It is just a matter of figuring out which one suits the type of dog/dogs you have.

I liked Artemis. I just can't be bothered ordering it. Nutro, I used the Lamb & Rice. There is also Nutrience. Pro Plan I use either the Salmon one or the Performance. The dogs just aren't doing as well on the Eagle Pack as on the Pro Plan.

Thanks Guys, it seems that the most premium dog foods are all around a similar price point. It is just a matter of figuring out which one suits the type of dog/dogs you have.

That's what I reckon. One type might look better on paper, but might not work best for your doggy.

That's why I thought I would start with the Nutro and it's a little cheaper, then go from there. I would really really like to put my boy on Canidae Grain Free All Life Stage, but I wouldn't go through the 13.6kg before the shelf life ran out, and the smaller bags are just too expensive for us. But I have read some really good stuff about the Nutro, and I can get it from a local store, rather than having to order it from Melbourne and have it delivered.

Oh one more thing I have found, look at the serving suggestion for your dog, some might be cheaper by the bag to buy, but you have to feed more, so it works out more expensive per meal. But again, what ever works best is best I think :)

Below is one of the question and answers on the eagle pack web site, after reading that, it makes sense as to why my lot feel like they are being starved at the moment. :D and they are not even fully swapped over yet, talk about a process!!

Q3. My dog has stopped eating your food. Why?

Answer: After your pet has been on Eagle Pack for 30 - 60 days it may back off on the amount consumed. This is because certain nutrients were missing from the previous brand. Once on Eagle Pack it takes 30 - 60 days for your pets system to catch up. Once it reaches optimum levels, your pet will not need as much.