Dog Friendly Beaches

leopuppy04

Hi All,

I'm looking for some areas or beaches in Sth eastern melbourne (suburbs) or along the penninsula that are great for dogs to have a good romp. Anywhere really as it could be a day trip or just a quick, local walk. Don't mind if they have restrictions during summer or are open all year round.

Would love to hear what people recommend through experience.

Edited by leopuppy04

Apart from Brighton beach, which I've only heard about, there's a small doggy beach at Rickett's Point. I went there on a really hot weekend last year (actually after I'd been at KCC park checking out the Aussies!!) and it was great! The beach was pretty shallow, and as Annie was only a pup at the time she loved running in the shallow water. Only 2 other dogs there at the time. And another huge advantage it that there's a cafe on the beach just a few hundred metres away! Although dogs aren't allowed on the deck, there was plenty of shade to tie her up in, and she was in full view at the time :rofl: .

If you're willing to make it over here to the west, Altona has a great dog beach which is offleash all year round (and I'm sure Annie would love some Aussie playmates :D ).