Fantastically Focused Kelpie X

I'm fostering an amazingly focused 8-9 month old kelpie x called Nala who would make an excellent agility dog. She's not only good natured and gets along with other dogs but she is quick to learn, seems to want to please and is very fast! She can sit, drop and 'shake'. I've had her three weeks now and I'd love to see her in a home where she could take part in agility.

If you know of anyone looking for a dog like Nala then please send them to me :laugh:

Her description is on the ARF website in the small/medium section ACT Rescue & Foster

Some photos (she's not very big as you can see from the photo at the bottom)...

Many thanks, Lyn

Nalahead-4SMALL.jpgNalastandingsideonSMALL.jpg

NalaandLyn.jpgNalaandLyn-2.jpg

Edited by bazilybazbaz

• 3 weeks later...

Has she got a bobbed tail or was it docked?

She looks pretty straight behind.. have you got a side shot?

I see terrier.. possibly Tenterfield and Stafford .. in the mix. Not a lot of Kelpie there IMO.

Edited by poodlefan

hi poodlefan, wow you think she's possibly tenterfield and/or stafford! We have no idea and thought there may be terrier in the mix. She's very small and dainty so you have to wonder. Tail, hmm not sure. It said nothing in the hand-in notes (Canberra pound) and could have been docked but it's not as short as you'd expect from a docked tail. Whatever she is she's a darling girl and very very quick to learn.

I'll look for a side shot...

Hey tigerjack, it was a pleasure to meet you. Good luck with Lotus :thumbsup:

Lyn

hi poodlefan, wow you think she's possibly tenterfield and/or stafford! We have no idea and thought there may be terrier in the mix. She's very small and dainty so you have to wonder. Tail, hmm not sure. It said nothing in the hand-in notes (Canberra pound) and could have been docked but it's not as short as you'd expect from a docked tail. Whatever she is she's a darling girl and very very quick to learn.

I'll look for a side shot...

Hey tigerjack, it was a pleasure to meet you. Good luck with Lotus :thumbsup:

Lyn

I think she's a bitza - not an F1 and I see more terrier than anything else. It would probably be a better fit for her size but we're all just guessing.

Terrier docks have never been that short. If she has got terrier parentage it might explain why some idiot would dock her to "make her look like one" the way morons used to do Rottie crosses.

If it ain't docked but a bob, TT's can be natural bob tails. :rofl:

Edited by poodlefan

• 4 weeks later...