Advice Needed My Husky Isn't Eating

My 12 month old Siberian Husky (the very one who loves eating possum) Isn't eating much, I've tried a variety of things; different dry kibble from cheap to expensive (science diet, purina, home brand, pal etc), canned stuff on it's own and mixed in, pasta and veges, the complete pet food company patties, the different fancy stuff in the supermarkets, liver and lamb hearts, I've tried mixing a vairty of things together and putting eggs in.. She will pick at some stuff but just leave it there, if i put dry food out she will eat it after 2 or 3 days but I'm worried about her not eating for days, although I have been told siberian huskys tend to regulate their food intake. Her eating is very minimal and in the last few weeks I think (but i could be imagining) she looks slimmer and she is sleeping alot more but she does still have energy to jump and run around! :laugh:

She will eat things like chicken frames and raw meat or anything that I have on my plate but I'm wondering what advice people have so I can get her onto a regular and consistant diet...

She looks health and her coat is still shiny, thick and soft!

Another thing is we have just moved house is it possible she could be feeling unsettled/ anxious?? I could just be one of those pet owners who thinks dogs have the same emotional issues as us LOL :laugh:

Stress will do it ... that is not saying there may not be another physical cause.

first- STOP feeding all sorts of things...incl. table scraps .

if she is happy eating chicken frames... then feed her chicken frames. if you want to feed table scraps- feed them in her bowl, at mealtime.

If she eats these well and happily... then that's what she gets.

After a few days , if all seems well , (IF she is still not eating well .. and/or if you notice anything odd .. then a vet check would be advised!!) start gradually adding some different meat ... perhaps she has decided she would like a lovely raw diet , please ,mum :laugh:

Have a read HERE for lots of helpful raw feeding discussion :laugh:

:champagne: I was just feeding her chicken frames etc but I was told she needed other nutrients/ vegetables that the raw food didn't have.. I'll give your adice a go :mad and look into a raw diet as well

As persephone said, stop feeding table scrapes as they can upset a stomach in any dog. And yes, Huskies do self regulate there food and do enjoy variety...mine do love their raw diet with tins of sardines and tuna in natural water thrown in on occassions. My boys also turn their noses up at commercial canned food.

Have a vet check to ensure there are no underlying problems though.

Hope everything works out, as I know how stressfull it can be for the owner when your dog isn't eating the amount that you feel they should be eating.

she needed other nutrients/ vegetables that the raw food didn't have

raw food has all the nutrients :champagne: But it needs to be fed by using all parts of an animal- bone/muscle/offal/skin/cartilage.... and you may add a small amount of veg,dairy,oil....

only chicken frames is fine for a short term diet... just not for months/years.

Have fun with food!

One more quick question which is probably common knowledge but I have been given mixed answers... Does she still need to be fed twice a day (my vet told me hyskys continue to grow until they're 18mths so they still need to be fed like a puppy) or is once a day enough? if so does it matter what time of the day they're fed? I like to feed her in the afternoon/ early evening so she has enough time to go to the toilet before she comes inside to sleep.