Heiress Leaves Her Chihuahua Millions

k9angel

It is anything but a dog's life for Conchita, a beloved Chihuahua whose eccentric owner bequeathed her a $US3 million ($A3.43 million) trust fund - a move now being contested by the late heiress' only son, local media reported.

Heiress Gail Posner left her pooch (which she often decked out in a diamond necklace) a trust fund, and another $US27 million ($A30.83 million) to the staff of her Miami beach mansion so that they can get by (rent-free) while caring for her pets until they die.

In contrast, Posner tossed a bone to her estranged son Bret Carr: a $US1 million ($A1.14 million) inheritance.

A Miami court will now decide whether his late mother was manipulated into giving away her cash, as he contends, or if she spent it the way she wanted.

"She never would have done that unless she was under extreme influence," Carr was quoted as telling The Miami Herald.

Her staff "exacerbated her paranoia and tendency to be in a delusional world", he told the daily.

Follow thewest.com.au on Twitter

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world...erits-millions/

Her staff "exacerbated her paranoia and tendency to be in a delusional world", he told the daily.

What a world, one can't decide whom to leave what without one's own flesh and blood rearing its ugly head. It seems to be the current trend to always question a person's mental status when things are not going to plan, how convenient. The son may not be deserving of his mother's inheritance hence the reason why Conchita has been left with a nice chunck of the money and so be it. If my kids were detached and too self centred and self absorbed I would be doing exactly the same thing!

Edited by Moselle

What a world, one can't decide whom to leave what without one's own flesh and blood rearing its ugly head. It seems to be the current trend to always question a person's mental status when things are not going to plan, how convenient. The son may not be deserving of his mother's inheritance hence the reason why Conchita has been left with a nice chunck of the money and so be it. If my kids were detached and too self centred and self absorbed I would be doing exactly the same thing!

In australia if you leave a family member a certain % of your estate then they cant dispute the will. My nanna has doen this with her daughter.. Saves all the legal hassel..

Yah for the dog thou ;)