Free Emergency Stickers - Pet Needs Rescue In The House

Linda K

This thread has got me thinking tho that we should have sort of plan in place in some form.. just in case.

I'm usually home all the time, but it could still happen when while I'm in the house too!

I was thinking the same thing after watching the fire hazards story on Today Tonight just before.

I think it's an excellent idea. It gives the emergency services team, information they need. They're trained, experienced professionals who then make the call on what action to take.

My OH is a Firefighter (20 years) and he loves our dogs dearly.. But sorry to say they don't run into a burning building to save animals. Humans Absolutely. but not our precious dogs. And the last thing they are worried about is running around looking for a sticker to see if there are animals inside the house.

And I would have to say I would hate to lose him due to him running into a house to save a dog.... (yes even my dogs)

And what happens if the people had moved out and the new owners left the sticker up and it wasn't current?

So I'm sorry to say I don't agree with the stickers. but I guess I am emotionally involved.

But I don't mean to offend anyone, I just love my OH.

But if you ever do need to go into a burning house,

stay down low (smoke rises)

animals will tend to find their own way out or they are under the beds (hiding)....

cover your mouth with something and try and breathe slowly through your nose

But the firies do care. I have heard stories where they saved a small kitten from a drain, no one wanted it so the firie now has a new kitten... if they go to car accidents and there are dogs in the car, they will tend to the dogs, take them to vets/ rescue etc.

I can see both sides of it... i ordered one, but not sure if i will use it - my number is splashed around town everywhere, so i have no problem with sticking it on my window

My neighbours all know, if there is a fire and i am not home, smash the back gate open so the dogs can get out and open the cat run so the cats can get out. if they can, catch the pets and dump them in someone elses yard (18 units and only 2 of us have pets, so 16 free back yards to use). We have a huge back paddock that is fenced off and the only way out is via the driveway... that would be full of fire trucks... so animals should be easy to catch once i get there, If not, i would rather risk them taking off, then getting stuck in the house.

I would never expect someone to get into my house to save my pets, i would never forgive myself if someone lost their life to save my animals.

And what happens if one of the pets are not home? and someone is silly/brave enough to enter the house? They may waist time looking for a pet that isnt home...

Ok, just reading that... i dont think i will use it :thumbsup:

I also just ordered 1, have thought about this a lot as my 2 little dogs are always inside in the lounge room/kitchen during day time when I'm at work, our local CFA unit is directly across road from my driveway but the guys have still gotta get there.

Of a night time I take my handbag which has my wallet and car keys & my 2 dogs collars and leads and put in my bedroom of and shut bedroom and hallway door so the dogs have to stay in bedroom as that way I'd know where they were if ever a fire did happen of a night and I'd open sliding window push fly screen out and lower dogs to safety and climb out after them is only about 3 feet off the ground so not far to jump out if needed. :thumbsup: