Passionfruit And Charlies' Tummy

Hi Team,

Got a lil suprise last night when Charlie, just after midnight, had a massive vomit on our bedroom carpet :cry:

It was really chunky, smelt disgusting, and looked like it had a whole passionfruit - including the skin - ripped through it.

Now, we grow passionfruit, and the dogs normally pierce the skin and suck out the seeds - this doesnt appear to affect them.

Apparently Charlie has decided to eat the whole damn thing?!! As he appears to have vomitted everything up, and had no issues scoffing his breakfast and seems normal, should I just put it down to his tummy rejecting the whole passionfruit? Ive already gone down the back and picked all fruits that are in his reach so he cant get any more. He seems just fine this morning.

Any thoughts, ideas etc?

Thanks,

Jacqui

Oops. I would think passionfruit skin is pretty well indigestible- so yes, he would get rid of it!

Hopefully that was the trouble, and hope he's ok now... :cry: The dogs wouldn't get NEAR any passionfruit vine I had --- It would be behind a locked gate!! :( i LOVE EM :rofl:

Mine eat whole Banana Passion-fruit.

They help themselves to them off the vine.

No problems what so ever there.

I assume that you mean the round purple looking one.

I agree with persephone. I would think it is the outer skin

that has irritated the stomach and the dog has just thrown up.

helloo

My beagle has just introduced the ridgie pup to the joys of passionfruit. They eat them whole although most times they bite a chunk out and lick out the fruit and sometimes a couple at a time. The only problem I have is that they fight if one gets a passionfruit and the other doesn't!! They also eat pawpaw.