Boarding Kennels In Inner-city Areas?

khakilulu

Hello,

My boyfriend and I have to go interstate for a 3-4 days early next month. We have 2 dogs, 1 golden retriver and 1 chihuahua.

We have been trying to contact a few boarding kennels in Adelaide, but unfortunately because of the school holidays all these boarding kennels get quite busy.

As this trip was unexpected, we weren't able to arrage the care for our dogs earlier.

We'd love to get a list of good boarding kennels so we could try more, any recommendations?

If we weren't able to put the dogs into boarding, does anyone know how much would it be to hire a carer for my dogs?

Or is there any other last minute options we could try?

Thanks in advance.

Generally you will find, with threads asking for recommendations for kennels in Adelaide, most people who reply will tell you who NOT to use. There doesn't seem to be many good boarding kennels around Adelaide metro area unless you are willing to travel a fair way out.

I have heard [but cannot personally vouch] that the Lonsdale RSPCA boarding kennels are pretty good.

Pet sitting, I am not sure what other people charge, but I pet sat for a fellow DOL member for just under a month for $300. I think a lot of pet sitters charge anywhere between $10-50 a day.

As it is a short time, do you have family or friends who could look after them for the time?

I am a carer for Pet Sitters Australia. For dogs we recommend either overnight care in your home, where the carer stays overnight in your home, or overnight care in a carers home, where your dog stays in the carers home. I offer overnight care in the owners home. What area are you in? i may be available. If you'd like more information check out our website at www.petsitaus.com.au. Good Luck!

Generally you will find, with threads asking for recommendations for kennels in Adelaide, most people who reply will tell you who NOT to use. There doesn't seem to be many good boarding kennels around Adelaide metro area unless you are willing to travel a fair way out.

I have heard [but cannot personally vouch] that the Lonsdale RSPCA boarding kennels are pretty good.

Pet sitting, I am not sure what other people charge, but I pet sat for a fellow DOL member for just under a month for $300. I think a lot of pet sitters charge anywhere between $10-50 a day.

As it is a short time, do you have family or friends who could look after them for the time?

Thank you, will check out the RSPCA kennels.

We don't have anyone who can look after them, we have some friends who would like to take them but their landlord wouldn't allow them to do it. :rofl:

Have you tried Topspot in Mylor?

I've used it nearly a month back and would use them again. Just specify the amount of food you want your dogs to be fed so they wouldn't accidentally overfeed them.

I will try to give them a ring tomorrow. They seem to be a very popular kennel, I doubt if we could get a spot. :rofl:

We put our dog in the Animal Welfare league boarding kennels a few years back for 3 weeks when we had to take an emergency trip. The staff there were very kind and very keen to show us the facilities.. everything looked clean and nice and our dog was returned to us looking very happy and not a tiny bit worse for wear! I suppose this info is a bit outdated because it was a while ago.. but hopefully things haven't changed.