Great Dane Coats

HeavyPaws

Moon needs a coat for her walks, but I'm having trouble finding an affordable {and attractive} option.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm not turning up anything in a search.

I want it Australian made, preferably Victoria made for lower cost shipping, I certainly don't mind handmade or rescue-made. Even if a DOLer who knows how to, has access to some cool fabric and has some time on their hands wants to offer.

All the coats I've seen in her size are very thick and either army green or navy blue...YUK. I'm desiring something awesome, like skulls, roses, cherries, polka dots or stars, {she's classy like that} and in a lighter but warm fabric like polar fleece. She doesn't like being too warm so I thought polar fleece would be nice.

Without a snood, we've tried that option with a friend's dobermann snood and it did not please her at all.

Budget is $50-$80.

Can anyone help?

This seller will custom make coats. :mad I have bought them for my Great Dane, Greyhound and my foster Dally and I really like them. You can have it without the snood and in lots of pretty colours. :) Just make sure you measure around the neck because I didn't with my Dane and its a little snug on her. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Greyhound-Kennel-Co...=item4aa28d017a

Edited by Kirty

Hi,

I've made two coats for my dogs.

I live in Darwin, so don't really need them, but I'm heading to Tennant Creek next weekend and it gets cold there overnight. If you want to wait a week, I'm happy to send one down when I get back.

Funnily enough, my boy's coat has skulls :mad

P6140130.jpg

P6120118.jpg

PM me if you're interested

Meg

I use a Chillydogs coat from Canada (www.chillydogs.ca) - they are about $70 from memory - and a number of dane owners have them - they have another called a Great White North too which is over $100 but worth it - this is a good one for walking.

They have a chest piece and clip up over the back so do not move like the weatherbeetas (which do have some nice styles/ patterns for the big dogs).

The other option is Warley Wear - so PM SBT123 here or look in the Commercial Marketplace - highly recommend these too and I use one of these during the day.

You should come and join the dane thread!