Could We Have Missed Her?

moko81

Moko, is there a particular reason why you don't allow ties in British Bulldogs? Is this the norm for BB breeders? Or is is something that only a handful of breeders do?

Just curious as I have not come across breeders in general, who do not allow their dogs to tie. :)

To be honest I'm not sure, all I know is what has been done previously or what I've been told.

Maybe I need to ask questions on why some not all Bulldog breeders don't let the tie happen.

Moko, is there a particular reason why you don't allow ties in British Bulldogs? Is this the norm for BB breeders? Or is is something that only a handful of breeders do?

Just curious as I have not come across breeders in general, who do not allow their dogs to tie. :winner:

To be honest I'm not sure, all I know is what has been done previously or what I've been told.

Maybe I need to ask questions on why some not all Bulldog breeders don't let the tie happen.

l think its more the case that certain bulldogs can't tie a bitch.

The reason's normally there to heavy or just cant get there[try but get all puffed out]

Edited by mortonplace

No help here as I am confused about this too. My maiden bitch was 12 days in, flagging slightly & experienced stud dog eager for last 3 days but she was too skitish to mate. Going on holiday next day so I took her in for AI. No time.

Vet did a prog test & inseminated her as I had no time to wait for result. Phone call 2 hours later told me levels were 67 & I had missed the crucial time, pups were highly unlikely. She must have been very quick & the male was going crazy.

That was 2 weeks ago. Fingers crossed even if useless :laugh:

A natural mating without letting the dogs tie, is just too crazy for words. Slip matings can produce pups but dogs tie for a reason.

Hmmm. What you said SBT123. Seems odd to go to all the trouble of Prog testing and then having a 'slip mating' on purpose. Very 'hit n miss IMO.

A natural mating without letting the dogs tie, is just too crazy for words. Slip matings can produce pups but dogs tie for a reason.

Hmmm. What you said SBT123. Seems odd to go to all the trouble of Prog testing and then having a 'slip mating' on purpose. Very 'hit n miss IMO.

I'm still shaking my head :laugh:

I think you got her at an excellent time and you have every reason to expect puppies. Good luck!

Thank you, were not counting our chickens just yet but we are seeing a definate change in her & are noticing her boobies are getting bigger.

Her stomach is getting rounder but maybe that could have to do with the change in diet (slight increase in food)

We'll know for sure in 2 or 3wks when we can get the ultrasound done.