Canberra: Dancing With Dogs

I've been in contact with Tony, who's starting up Dancing With Dogs in Canberra. He's forwarded some information to me regarding the upcoming information nights. I have some more information, if anyone wishes to PM me, or email Tony on the email at the bottom of the message.

Dances with Dogs – Public information nights.

Two presentation nights are being held to introduce the newest ANKC approved Canine Sport to Canberra & surrounds.

Topics include:

What is DWD – features DVD presentations from local to international level.

A sport that can be undertaken just for fun or at competitive levels (local, state and national to international).

Classes – when and where … starting in August.

Information nights:

Dates: 7:30 pm, Wednesday 11 Aug or 7:30 pm, Friday 13 Aug.

Venue: ACT Companion Dog Club rooms (plenty of parking)

Address: Jerrabomberra Avenue, Symonston ACT

Contact: Tony Turner – 0403 640 576; Email: [email protected]

Tony has been trying to get things up and running for a while now I hope you have a very successful night. :D

Oh by the way the sport is called Dances With Dogs not Dancing With Dogs. It is more to recreation of movement with the dog (like Kevin Cosner did in Dances with Wolves) not physically dancing with your dog with bring up images of dogs in Tutu's which is not allowed.

Tony has been trying to get things up and running for a while now I hope you have a very successful night. :D

Oh by the way the sport is called Dances With Dogs not Dancing With Dogs. It is more to recreation of movement with the dog (like Kevin Cosner did in Dances with Wolves) not physically dancing with your dog with bring up images of dogs in Tutu's which is not allowed.

:) Nice explanation of the difference BC4ME.

:rofl:

I was thinking of going back to boring obedience with the D (he hates it) but I'll give this a go!

DWD is never boring you and your dog will love it :laugh::rofl::mad

By doing DWD my obedience has improved heaps, Chook thinks obedience is just one big DWD play session.

I loved watching the obedience judges faces when we first started DWD, every now and then Chook would throw in a twist or turn in the middle of a heeling pattern it was hilarious :laugh::eek: luckily now he knows (well most of the time anyway :rofl: ) only to do his tricks when given the correct signal and not just because I might be moving my hand slightly.

Give it a go it is soooo much fun. :D