Qlders, Please Sign This Petition To Allow Dogs Back In Cafes.

pixie_meg

As the title says.

Please sign the petition to try to get State legislation changed.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPet...3&lIndex=-1

Queensland citizens draws to the attention of the House that companion dogs, provided they are on leash, should be allowed to sit in the outside areas of restaurants and cafés with their owner, at the discretion of the restaurant or café owner. Companion dogs would not be permitted access to outside areas through the inside of, or through food preparation areas and would be expected to sit next to or under the dog owners seat.

Your petitioners, therefore, request the House to amend the State Laws in line with some other States in allowing for companion dogs to be with their owners in the outside area of alfresco dining areas at the restaurant owner’s discretion.

I signed it. I didn't know you couldn't take dogs into cafes. There's nowhere in my local area that you can take your dog though and I was going to ask if anyone knew how I could find out where dogs are welcome.

:rofl:

Must be some problem there. I already take mine to the local cafe. No law against it. They just have to have the facilities set up correctly.

Depends on the local council i believe as to whether they enforce it or not. They started enforcing it up here just 4 months ago i think it was. over $2000 fine for the cafe. The cafes cant afford the fine so stopped letting us bring our dogs.

They may start enforcing it down in Brisbane at any time when they feel like it.

Done.

When is this country going to catch up to the rest of the civilised western world? Dogs are welcome just about everywhere in the US, UK, and much of Europe. How do people in those countries cope so well with dogs visiting hotels, restaurants, travelling on public transport and in the passenger part of aeroplanes when we are apparently "too allergic" to allow dogs in public places in Australia? :laugh: