Lacy And Tully And Thier Quest To Become Delta Dogs

tlc

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEll, Shandy passed her test with flying colours. Training for me in a fortnight, then we start as a therapy team. I'm looking forward to this!

I just came here to post about our visit today and seen your post, that's fantastic news for you guys, you will love it. I hope you can keep us updated with how you go. Maybe we could keep this thread for occasional updates.

I took Tully today for our first visit and she was fantastic, I was so proud of her, the patients loved her and it seemed like she even knew what she was there for!

One of the patients got really upset and cried and cried, as she was missing her own dog it was very sad, that part is going to be really hard for me I hate seeing people really upset but hopefully I will find a way to deal with it.

All in all it was a fantastic visit and the staff were all fantastic about us being there.

great pics tlc.....they look very excited and excellent story in the paper....as soon as I drag out the bandanna and the top Dezzy goes absolutely nuts and then starts to cry and cries all the way to the nursing home....it is very rewarding and the residents love Dezzy....I am sure your guys will make a lot of sick people happy and their day in hospital will be a bit better :thumbsup:

Thanks Lisa, ha ha I can imagine Dezzy getting all excited! It is great to see people who are sick get a kick out of seeing the dogs. I think I'll relax after next week once Lacy has done her first visit and I know she will cope ok.

Well, I did my handler training today, and now have my ID, bandanna, shirt and collection tin. Now I just need to sort of my facility preference, as I'd like visit at one of the hospitals, and we're all go!Shandy and I are officially a Delta Therapy Dog Team now!

:laugh: That's so great. Don't forget to post a photo of Shandy in her Delta Gear ;)

Well, I did my handler training today, and now have my ID, bandanna, shirt and collection tin. Now I just need to sort of my facility preference, as I'd like visit at one of the hospitals, and we're all go!

Shandy and I are officially a Delta Therapy Dog Team now!

That's fantastic, well done!

Lacy has had her first visit last week and she went extremely well, she is not quite as in tune with the patients as Tully was and was looking to me for every que on what to do next as she wasn't sure what she was doing there :laugh: but I'm sure she will get the hang of it in time. The patients loved her so that was good!

Cleo, look forward to some pics of you and Shandy! I have a couple of Lacy on her first day I'll post them when I'm at the pc next.

I completely missed that you had them assessed TLC! Congratulations!

Thanks Shell, we are going great guns, me and the girls are loving it!!

How often do you guys do visits? Bet the residents love Zero!

Edited by tlc

A couple of shots of Lacy on her first day

IMG_1563.jpg

Lacy and Lexi (another little Delta dog, A Bichon)

IMG_1572.jpg

This was another one from the week before of Me and Shan Tully and Mawson and the other lady (no dog for her as it was her induction)

IMG_1522.jpg