Puppy Bars

tlc

http://www.ozdoggy.com.au/ozdoggy/profile.jsp?ozdoggyid=3466

Has anyone had any dealing with this place? I have sent them an email inquiring about price etc.

I was bold vesterday when I seen two boxers in the back of a Holden wagon at first I was admiring the dogs then I noticed the cage in the back. The lady that owner the car came along so I asked her about it.

She opened the back and showed me how it was attached and who made it. She couldn't remember how much they were.

Great idea for the dogs in the back of the wagon, especially in summer.

Does anyone know of any other places that do similar cages so I could compare prices?

Edited by tlc

I have a false floor, cargo barrier and cage doors manufactured by them. I don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about Colin and his work. He is always booked 6-12 weeks in advance and is very popular.

You can probably find a few other companies in Melbourne but Colin finishes his off to a very high standard and he's fussy about it too. :confused: I think the fact that he owns dogs makes a big difference. He took a bit longer with my install to alter a 5cm gap in the top of my cargo barrier (was a new nissan one) because he was worried about dogs getting caught in it.

The photos of mine are in a previous thread. :rofl:

I have a false floor, cargo barrier and cage doors manufactured by them. I don't know anyone who has a bad word to say about Colin and his work. He is always booked 6-12 weeks in advance and is very popular.

You can probably find a few other companies in Melbourne but Colin finishes his off to a very high standard and he's fussy about it too. :confused: I think the fact that he owns dogs makes a big difference. He took a bit longer with my install to alter a 5cm gap in the top of my cargo barrier (was a new nissan one) because he was worried about dogs getting caught in it.

The photos of mine are in a previous thread. :rofl:

Hi,

Would it be possible to help me find that thread please. I've just got a Mitsubishi Challenger and really need some custom built dog-spaces in the back. Thanks in advance.

Easier just to re-link. :confused:

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

He also made an angle adjustment to the cargo barrier so there was more room in the back and custom made the brackets as the standard factory ones go across the side windows and look a bit ugly!

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

That looks awesome. How long did he have to have your car for to measure up then to fit it? I have had an email back from them today, the price is not bad but then we have to factor in two trips to Melbourne 7 - 8 hour round trip. I have to weigh up how much I really want one?

Don't quote me as it was a while ago :thumbsup:, he took measurements while I waited and we booked a date. He built it and had it for 1-2 days during that time, then it went to powder coaters so I took the car back in 5 days for fitting. We also had a delay as the cargo barrier he picked up was wrong or he wasn't happy with it (one or the other I can't recall).

He was very busy around that time and I was only 15mins away so it didn't bother me for Colin to have it there a bit longer.

I know that he has people travel from interstate so I'm guessing he would streamline the process a little?

For ease of removal of the cage doors I can't fault it. :thumbsup:

Colin also made us a shelf for the back of our Holden wagon, but he used a type of wood for the top & the legs

and is very light weight so I can move it on my own but when I have to lie on it it hold my weight. :happydance2:

We wanted a shelf over our trolley so we could put the c crate (folded) on top then all our camping gear etc on the shelf.

So we could get the trolley ourt then get the dogs out of the car then set up camp etc

He measured our car then several weeks later called to say it was ready adn fitted it while we were there.

BB

Colin is fantastic, his work is very good quality and he is a pleasure to deal with :happydance2: I would reccomend him to anyone :happydance2: I got mine done in the back of my wagon about 6 months ago and it has been a great investment :happydance2:

he also changed the light in the back of my car and put in a manual switch so I could have the boot open and have the light off so the car battery doesn't go flat :rofl:

I got the back barrier with divide so I have two seperate bays and with the swith for the

light was about $965.00

They are quite easy to take in and out too :rofl: