What Happend To The Apbt Shows They Had On Over In Vic?

LadyS

Seen Their Club Is Still Online But Last Show Was Back In 05. What Happend There? The Shows In NZ Are Still Going Strong lol Yaaay I Go Back For Their APBT Nationals In Dec!..:)

The breed was banned in Victoria. :laugh:

so wen the bann came out they didnt try to move the shows to a states wea they are not banned...pritty sad alryt!!..:D

That only leaves one place - the ACT. There isn't a breed club here for them and they aren't ANKC recognised so it wouldn't be much of a show. :(

man it really does suk!! cos i knw in nz they have now jst started up a Rotorua Show which is going really well ay..they council there has no probs with them jst they mentioned about muzzels...

The American Pit Bull Terrier is not a recognised breed by the New Zealand Kennel Club.

Nope, but back in the 90's the APBT club in NZ used to hold bigger shows than any NZKC breed could muster.

I find it astonishing that they'd have APBT shows in Rotorua - the council there classifies pure bred NZKC registered Amstaffs as 'pitbull type' and applies all the menacing dog laws to them. Very unpleasant council to deal with, I am surprised they would be welcoming to a APBT show!

Only the American Stafford-shire Terrier is recognised by the NZ Kennel Club. I had a look at the site before I posted. ;)

Is that directed at my reply? I was AGREEING with you ;)

Doesn't negate the fact that the APBT Club of NZ would hold shows which drew a larger entry than any single breed NZKC show.

Edited by Sandra777

The breed was banned in Victoria. ;)

so wen the bann came out they didnt try to move the shows to a states wea they are not banned...pritty sad alryt!!..;)

That only leaves one place - the ACT. There isn't a breed club here for them and they aren't ANKC recognised so it wouldn't be much of a show. :laugh:

The ones in Vic were just that, APBT shows run by the club. They had their own show by themselves regardless of not being ANKC recognised. The dogs still had to be purebred and registered with papers. The club was very strict about appearances etc. No dogs were allowed with studded collars etc. They also use to have a stall at the Dandenong show next to the Vic Police stall.

They could compete in conformation, weight pull and/or treadmill.

Only the American Stafford-shire Terrier is recognised by the NZ Kennel Club. I had a look at the site before I posted. :laugh:

Is that directed at my reply? I was AGREEING with you ;)

Doesn't negate the fact that the APBT Club of NZ would hold shows which drew a larger entry than any single breed NZKC show.

Orrrrrr sorry, when you said nope I thought you were saying I was wrong. :laugh:

Bleeding puters, it can be difficult at times. ;)